IndependenceFirst will host an e-recycling drive, “Stuff the Truck for Independence,” on August 17. Computers and other electronics can be donated at the Pettit National Ice Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In addition to being environmentally friendly, computer donations will benefit people with disabilities. These people will have the opportunity to obtain a computer they otherwise could not afford, develop job pre-skills and gain information and support.
IndependenceFirst will accept a wide variety of electronics, including computers, laptops, cell phones, tablets, appliances, TVs, computer accessories and more! Anything not able to be reused will be recycled by Digital Recyclers.
This e-recycling drive is sponsored by AT&T Wisconsin and the AT&T Veterans, River Run Computers, Digital Recyclers and the Pettit National Ice Center.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.independencefirst.org/computers.html or call 414-291-7520 v/relay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder