IndependenceFirst will host an e-recycling drive, “Stuff the Truck for Independence,” on August 17. Computers and other electronics can be donated at the Pettit National Ice Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In addition to being environmentally friendly, computer donations will benefit people with disabilities. These people will have the opportunity to obtain a computer they otherwise could not afford, develop job pre-skills and gain information and support.
IndependenceFirst will accept a wide variety of electronics, including computers, laptops, cell phones, tablets, appliances, TVs, computer accessories and more! Anything not able to be reused will be recycled by Digital Recyclers.
This e-recycling drive is sponsored by AT&T Wisconsin and the AT&T Veterans, River Run Computers, Digital Recyclers and the Pettit National Ice Center.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.independencefirst.org/computers.html or call 414-291-7520 v/relay.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military