Kalmbach Publishing Company will present a check for approximately $18,000 for breast cancer research at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) on August 22, 2013.
Donations are raised at the annual Bead&Button Show in Milwaukee, which is the world’s largest consumer bead show and is produced by Kalmbach Publishing Company of Waukesha and Bead&Button magazine. The show features the Bead Artists Against Breast Cancer silent and live auctions of beads, jewelry, books, and supplies, with 100 percent of the funds raised donated to breast cancer research at MCW.
“Researchers at MCW are making great strides in the fight against breast cancer, and our company is proud to support their efforts. We are fortunate to have this resource in our hometown,” said Charles Croft, president of Kalmbach Publishing.
Since 2006, Kalmbach has donated nearly $130,000 to MCW for breast cancer research.
Media are invited to the check presentation, which will take place at noon in the MCW Cancer Center administrative offices on the fifth floor of the Clinical Cancer Center.
For details, contact Maureen Mack at (414) 955-4744 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic