The third annual Summer Nights music series at senior living community Luther Manor will feature the talents of an all-employee band.
Padre and the Prodigals, a quartet of Luther Manor employees formed just to play this event, will be taking the stage during the final installment of the music series on Aug. 15.
Leading the group is Luther Manor’s Director of Pastoral Care Dave Patterson, the Padre, who sings and plays guitar.
Security Officer Ron Harris is on percussion; Courtyards Life Enrichment Specialist Mark Mrozek is on keys and Health Care Center Life Enrichment Specialist Marc Powers plays rhythm guitar.
Patterson described the group’s sound as “more easy listening,” but nevertheless eclectic.
“We each choose a couple of songs of our own and all join in together for others,” he said. “It’s going to be a mix of different styles of music: from classic jazz to blues, and a little bit of country.”
All of the “Prodigals” are lifelong musicians - each having between 20 and 40 years under his belt - with their own individual musical pursuits. Powers was a finalist in the Milwaukee County Golden Idol Senior talent competition two consecutive years. Harris performs with the Stevie Wonder tribute band “As I Wish” and the funk band, Nutha Level. Mrozek performs in a classic rock band, BtW, and has been a music director at Festa Italiana since 2006.
The four Luther Manor employees first combined their musical talents last year in the Summer Nights Music Series. Everyone enjoyed the show so much, they were asked to come back.
“It should be a nice night to enjoy some music and some fellowship,” Patterson said. “You may even find yourself tapping your toes and singing along.”
The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with music from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Terrace parking lot. Some seating will be available, but feel free to bring a favorite lawn chair. There is no need to RSVP. For more information on this or other upcoming events at Luther Manor, please contact Client Relations at (414) 464-3880 or email@example.com.
An accredited senior living community, Luther Manor has been caring and advocating for seniors for more than 50 years. In addition to apartment homes, assisted living and long-term care options, Luther Manor offers rehabilitation, adult day and supportive services, hospice care and community outreach programs. For more information, call (414) 464-3880 or visit www.luthermanor.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Bank Names Eddingsaas Controller, Adds Personal Banker
- Opus Foundation(R) awards more than $200,000 to Milwaukee-area organizations
- BBB Helps Consumers Get The Most Out Of Their Gift Cards
- Ensuring Continuity of Care: Team Seeks to Improve Patient Transitions
- Reduce Stress with Holiday Travel Tips from the Better Business Bureau
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests How Changes to Your Home Can Help Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- 2014 Tosa Baseball/Tosa Girsl Fastpitch Softball League Registration is Open!
- Waterstone Mortgage Names Bob Selingo as Senior Vice President - Secondary Marketing
- St. Jude Parishioners Commemorate Advent