The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., who operate Boston Store, Younkers and Herberger’s in Wisconsin donated $15,000 to Make-A-Wish Wisconsin to make dreams come true for three very special children. The funds will help grant the wishes of 3-year-old Alayah who wishes to go to Sesame Street, 8-year-old Brandon who wishes to go to Hawaii and 3-year-old Colton who wishes to go to Disneyland® Resort.
The funds were donated through a special program created by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel to highlight Walk & Run for Wishes, coming up August 24, 2013 along Milwaukee’s lakefront. The first of 3 Boston Store ads ran in the Journal Sentinel Wednesday, July 31. Each ad will highlight one of the three children sponsored by The Bon-Ton Stores. “We are deeply grateful for the support of The Bon-Ton Stores,” said Make-A-Wish Wisconsin President and CEO Patti Gorsky. “It takes an entire community to help make wishes come true for courageous children like Alayah, Brandon and Colton who are living with life-threatening medical conditions. The Bon-Ton Stores is a wonderful part of that community.”
To contribute to or join The Bon-Ton Stores’ Walk & Run team, please visit www.wisconsin.wish.org/BostonStore. For more information about Walk & Run for Wishes, please visit www.walkforwishes.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th