The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., who operate Boston Store, Younkers and Herberger’s in Wisconsin donated $15,000 to Make-A-Wish Wisconsin to make dreams come true for three very special children. The funds will help grant the wishes of 3-year-old Alayah who wishes to go to Sesame Street, 8-year-old Brandon who wishes to go to Hawaii and 3-year-old Colton who wishes to go to Disneyland® Resort.
The funds were donated through a special program created by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel to highlight Walk & Run for Wishes, coming up August 24, 2013 along Milwaukee’s lakefront. The first of 3 Boston Store ads ran in the Journal Sentinel Wednesday, July 31. Each ad will highlight one of the three children sponsored by The Bon-Ton Stores. “We are deeply grateful for the support of The Bon-Ton Stores,” said Make-A-Wish Wisconsin President and CEO Patti Gorsky. “It takes an entire community to help make wishes come true for courageous children like Alayah, Brandon and Colton who are living with life-threatening medical conditions. The Bon-Ton Stores is a wonderful part of that community.”
To contribute to or join The Bon-Ton Stores’ Walk & Run team, please visit www.wisconsin.wish.org/BostonStore. For more information about Walk & Run for Wishes, please visit www.walkforwishes.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Researchers discover new gene responsible for traits involved in diabetes
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Treating post-traumatic stress disorder
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- “Get Your Rear in Gear” run/walk for colon cancer prevention and research
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014