The Urban Economic Development Association (UEDA) is hosting its annual meeting Thursday, August 8, 2013 at Milwaukee’s Rustico from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m. The annual event brings together UEDA members, partners and volunteers to celebrate another year of contributions to UEDA’s success. This year, UEDA will be honoring four newly elected state representatives, Mandela Barnes, 11th District; Evan Goyke, 18th District; LaTonya Johnson, 17th District; and Daniel Riemer, 7th District. These distinguished guests will be recognized for their exceptional commitment to advancing economic development issues in southeastern Wisconsin.
UEDA will be celebrating more than 16 years of working with professionals, organizations and groups. As a 501(c)(3) organization, UEDA’s work has focused primarily on housing development, economic development and job creation with an emphasis on regional transportation, foreclosure mitigation, sustainable homeownership and the regional food economy.
UEDA is a 501(c)(3) membership organization dedicated to the professional development of individuals and groups working in economic and community development in Wisconsin. Incorporated in 1997, its mission is to enhance cities and their residents by focusing on housing development and preservation, asset-building, economic education, workforce development, and real estate development. We invite you to learn more about what we do, the benefits of becoming a member of UEDA and see the latest news from the UEDA community at our website www.UEDAWI.org.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo