Kenneth B. Simons, MD, associate dean for graduate medical education and accreditation, and a professor of ophthalmology and pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been elected chairman of the State of Wisconsin Medical Examining Board.
Dr. Simons earned his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine and completed an ophthalmology residency at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He completed a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology at the Jules Stein Eye Institute – UCLA. He joined the MCW faculty in 1989.
In addition to his service on the Medical Examining Board, Dr. Simons has served as a fellow and site visitor for the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, as president of the Association of Veterans Affairs Opthalmologists, Chair of the AMA Section on Medical Schools and a member of the Board of Directors of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education serving as Chair of its’ Committee on Requirements.
Dr. Simons replaces Sheldon Wasserman, MD, whose term expired in June.
The Medical Examining Board credentials physicians, physician assistants, perfusionists, and respiratory care practitioners in Wisconsin. It also serves as a disciplinary body.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" – Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Children's Audition Notice for Milwaukee Rep's 2014/15 production THE COLOR PURPLE
- Stuff the Truck for Independence
- Spring Concert "Stars" featuring Julia Simpson
- Cudahy Home to be on Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Three Wauwatosa Homes to be Part of Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- United for Libraries to present Public Service Award to Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- MCW to Host Diabetes Symposium
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event