Kenneth B. Simons, MD, associate dean for graduate medical education and accreditation, and a professor of ophthalmology and pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been elected chairman of the State of Wisconsin Medical Examining Board.
Dr. Simons earned his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine and completed an ophthalmology residency at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He completed a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology at the Jules Stein Eye Institute – UCLA. He joined the MCW faculty in 1989.
In addition to his service on the Medical Examining Board, Dr. Simons has served as a fellow and site visitor for the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, as president of the Association of Veterans Affairs Opthalmologists, Chair of the AMA Section on Medical Schools and a member of the Board of Directors of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education serving as Chair of its’ Committee on Requirements.
Dr. Simons replaces Sheldon Wasserman, MD, whose term expired in June.
The Medical Examining Board credentials physicians, physician assistants, perfusionists, and respiratory care practitioners in Wisconsin. It also serves as a disciplinary body.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney