Kenneth B. Simons, MD, associate dean for graduate medical education and accreditation, and a professor of ophthalmology and pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been elected chairman of the State of Wisconsin Medical Examining Board.
Dr. Simons earned his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine and completed an ophthalmology residency at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He completed a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology at the Jules Stein Eye Institute – UCLA. He joined the MCW faculty in 1989.
In addition to his service on the Medical Examining Board, Dr. Simons has served as a fellow and site visitor for the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, as president of the Association of Veterans Affairs Opthalmologists, Chair of the AMA Section on Medical Schools and a member of the Board of Directors of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education serving as Chair of its’ Committee on Requirements.
Dr. Simons replaces Sheldon Wasserman, MD, whose term expired in June.
The Medical Examining Board credentials physicians, physician assistants, perfusionists, and respiratory care practitioners in Wisconsin. It also serves as a disciplinary body.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Village of Pleasant Prairie Park & Ride Lot Named “Project of the Year” by the American Public Works Association