Kenneth B. Simons, MD, associate dean for graduate medical education and accreditation, and a professor of ophthalmology and pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been elected chairman of the State of Wisconsin Medical Examining Board.
Dr. Simons earned his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine and completed an ophthalmology residency at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He completed a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology at the Jules Stein Eye Institute – UCLA. He joined the MCW faculty in 1989.
In addition to his service on the Medical Examining Board, Dr. Simons has served as a fellow and site visitor for the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, as president of the Association of Veterans Affairs Opthalmologists, Chair of the AMA Section on Medical Schools and a member of the Board of Directors of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education serving as Chair of its’ Committee on Requirements.
Dr. Simons replaces Sheldon Wasserman, MD, whose term expired in June.
The Medical Examining Board credentials physicians, physician assistants, perfusionists, and respiratory care practitioners in Wisconsin. It also serves as a disciplinary body.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability