Jonathan Skarie, MD, PhD, ophthalmology resident at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), received the 2013 Jessica S. Lin Award for Clinical Excellence by a Resident Physician.
The award was established in 2010 in memory of Dr. Jessica S. Lin, who was a neurosurgery resident at MCW, until she died in an accident in February 2010. The award recognizes an individual entering the final year of residency training for outstanding clinical and academic performance.
Dr. Skarie is from Wausau, Wis., and completed his PhD at MCW in 2008, receiving his medical degree, also from MCW, in 2010. He is hoping to complete a fellowship in glaucoma, and plans to pursue a career in academic medicine.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements