Jonathan Skarie, MD, PhD, ophthalmology resident at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), received the 2013 Jessica S. Lin Award for Clinical Excellence by a Resident Physician.
The award was established in 2010 in memory of Dr. Jessica S. Lin, who was a neurosurgery resident at MCW, until she died in an accident in February 2010. The award recognizes an individual entering the final year of residency training for outstanding clinical and academic performance.
Dr. Skarie is from Wausau, Wis., and completed his PhD at MCW in 2008, receiving his medical degree, also from MCW, in 2010. He is hoping to complete a fellowship in glaucoma, and plans to pursue a career in academic medicine.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night