Jonathan Skarie, MD, PhD, ophthalmology resident at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), received the 2013 Jessica S. Lin Award for Clinical Excellence by a Resident Physician.
The award was established in 2010 in memory of Dr. Jessica S. Lin, who was a neurosurgery resident at MCW, until she died in an accident in February 2010. The award recognizes an individual entering the final year of residency training for outstanding clinical and academic performance.
Dr. Skarie is from Wausau, Wis., and completed his PhD at MCW in 2008, receiving his medical degree, also from MCW, in 2010. He is hoping to complete a fellowship in glaucoma, and plans to pursue a career in academic medicine.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- Hart Park Square celebrates 10th Anniversary