Jonathan Skarie, MD, PhD, ophthalmology resident at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), received the 2013 Jessica S. Lin Award for Clinical Excellence by a Resident Physician.
The award was established in 2010 in memory of Dr. Jessica S. Lin, who was a neurosurgery resident at MCW, until she died in an accident in February 2010. The award recognizes an individual entering the final year of residency training for outstanding clinical and academic performance.
Dr. Skarie is from Wausau, Wis., and completed his PhD at MCW in 2008, receiving his medical degree, also from MCW, in 2010. He is hoping to complete a fellowship in glaucoma, and plans to pursue a career in academic medicine.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th