Thomas Hammeke, PhD, professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was presented with the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology’s (AACN) Distinguished Neuropsychologist Award at the Academy’s annual conference.
Dr. Hammeke is the lead neuropsychologist for the Polytrauma Team at the Clement J. Zablocki Veteran’s Medical Center, and also serves as adjunct faculty for UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University.
After earning his PhD in clinical psychology at the University of South Dakota, in 1978, Dr. Hammeke did a postdoctoral fellowship in clinical neuropsychology at MCW. He joined the MCW faculty immediately afterwards, in 1979.
Dr. Hammeke is an internationally recognized leader in his field. His record of leadership in clinical neuropsychology is unparalleled. He is the former President of the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology, the Association of Postdoctoral Programs in Clinical Neuropsychology, and the Society for Clinical Neuropsychology (formerly Division 40) of the American Psychological Association. He has served on the editorial board for many peer-reviewed journals in neuropsychology, including AACN’s official journal, The Clinical Neuropsychologist.
He is an accomplished researcher who has been continuously funded since 1995. He has published more than 100 peer-reviewed papers, commentaries and book chapters.
Dr. Hammeke is a respected educator. He developed the postdoctoral fellowship program in clinical neuropsychology in the Department of Neurology at MCW where he mentored more than 60 postdoctoral fellows and many doctoral students. He has been awarded the Outstanding Medical Student Teachers Award at MCW.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You