Special Olympics Wisconsin needs more than 100 volunteers to help escort athletes, present awards, score events, assist with food services, and more at the State Outdoor Sports Tournament hosted for the first-time ever in Waukesha on Saturday, August 3 from 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. and on and Sunday, August 4 from 8 a.m.- 1 p.m.
Bocce, tee ball, and tennis competitions will take place at Carroll University, golf will take place at the Moor Downs Golf Course, and softball competitions will take place at the Saratoga Softball Complex.
All volunteers receive a free T-shirt and those working a full day will receive a complimentary lunch! Various shifts are available. For details, call (800) 552-1324 or visit SpecialOlympicsWisconsin.org.
The tournament is free and the public is invited to cheer athletes on from the stands. In addition to the competitions during the weekend, health professionals will also offer dental and foot screenings, blood pressure and bone mineral density screenings, along with nutritional advice to the athletes as part of the Health Promotions, Special Smiles and Fit Feet programs from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Carroll University Campus Center on Saturday, August 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- FREE Parent/Child YOGA at Authentic Birth Center • Wellness Collective
- Science Students Learn with Depth and Complexity
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Explain How Technology in Faucets and Showerheads Expand Consumer Options
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients