More than 100 Volunteers Needed at the Special Olympics Wisconsin State Outdoor Sports Tournament hosted for the First Time Ever in Waukesha!
Nearly 1,000 athletes will go for the gold at the Special Olympics Wisconsin (SOWI) State Outdoor Sports Tournament hosted for the first-time ever in Waukesha on Saturday, August 3 from 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. and on and Sunday, August 4 from 8 a.m.- 1 p.m. Bocce, tee ball, and tennis competitions will take place at Carroll University, golf will take place at the Moor Downs Golf Course, and softball competitions will take place at the Saratoga Softball Complex.
Anyone can share their time, but those who volunteer at this event will share an athlete’s dream. SOWI needs more than 100volunteers to help escort athletes, present awards, score events, assist with food services, and more! All volunteers receive a free T-shirt and those working a full day will receive a complimentary lunch! Various shifts are available. For details, call (800) 552-1324 or visit SpecialOlympicsWisconsin.org.
The tournament is free and the public is invited to cheer athletes on from the stands. In addition to the competitions during the weekend, health professionals will also offer dental and foot screenings, blood pressure and bone mineral density screenings, along with nutritional advice to the athletes as part of the Health Promotions, Special Smiles and Fit Feet programs from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Carroll University Campus Center on Saturday, August 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award