More than 100 Volunteers Needed at the Special Olympics Wisconsin State Outdoor Sports Tournament hosted for the First Time Ever in Waukesha!
Nearly 1,000 athletes will go for the gold at the Special Olympics Wisconsin (SOWI) State Outdoor Sports Tournament hosted for the first-time ever in Waukesha on Saturday, August 3 from 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. and on and Sunday, August 4 from 8 a.m.- 1 p.m. Bocce, tee ball, and tennis competitions will take place at Carroll University, golf will take place at the Moor Downs Golf Course, and softball competitions will take place at the Saratoga Softball Complex.
Anyone can share their time, but those who volunteer at this event will share an athlete’s dream. SOWI needs more than 100volunteers to help escort athletes, present awards, score events, assist with food services, and more! All volunteers receive a free T-shirt and those working a full day will receive a complimentary lunch! Various shifts are available. For details, call (800) 552-1324 or visit SpecialOlympicsWisconsin.org.
The tournament is free and the public is invited to cheer athletes on from the stands. In addition to the competitions during the weekend, health professionals will also offer dental and foot screenings, blood pressure and bone mineral density screenings, along with nutritional advice to the athletes as part of the Health Promotions, Special Smiles and Fit Feet programs from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Carroll University Campus Center on Saturday, August 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder