More than 100 Volunteers Needed at the Special Olympics Wisconsin State Outdoor Sports Tournament hosted for the First Time Ever in Waukesha!
Nearly 1,000 athletes will go for the gold at the Special Olympics Wisconsin (SOWI) State Outdoor Sports Tournament hosted for the first-time ever in Waukesha on Saturday, August 3 from 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. and on and Sunday, August 4 from 8 a.m.- 1 p.m. Bocce, tee ball, and tennis competitions will take place at Carroll University, golf will take place at the Moor Downs Golf Course, and softball competitions will take place at the Saratoga Softball Complex.
Anyone can share their time, but those who volunteer at this event will share an athlete’s dream. SOWI needs more than 100volunteers to help escort athletes, present awards, score events, assist with food services, and more! All volunteers receive a free T-shirt and those working a full day will receive a complimentary lunch! Various shifts are available. For details, call (800) 552-1324 or visit SpecialOlympicsWisconsin.org.
The tournament is free and the public is invited to cheer athletes on from the stands. In addition to the competitions during the weekend, health professionals will also offer dental and foot screenings, blood pressure and bone mineral density screenings, along with nutritional advice to the athletes as part of the Health Promotions, Special Smiles and Fit Feet programs from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Carroll University Campus Center on Saturday, August 3.
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Civic Band Plays Free Concert Sunday
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair