Over 140 professional fine craft artists from Pewaukee to Shorewood, Waukesha to Wauwatosa (and roughly 10,000 of their closest friends), reunite in downtown Milwaukee for the 39th Annual Morning Glory Fine Craft Fair Saturday, August 10, and Sunday, August 11.
Presented by the Wisconsin Designer Crafts Council, this summer staple event offers visitors free admission and free reign of the grounds of the Marcus Center and Red Arrow Park from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday.
The Morning Glory Fine Craft Fair features pieces as unique as the artists who create them. While artists range from 'fresh on the scene' to seasoned and well-established, all are entrepreneurs committed to their craft, creators of distinctive pieces made with passion and integrity. For this two-day fine craft fair, these 140 small businesses – primarily Wisconsin-based – are transplanted from their local communities to Milwaukee’s riverfront park.
“Our artists are really craftsmen,” says Barbara Chappell, owner of Fiberwood Studio in Wauwatosa and longtime Wisconsin Designer Crafts Council board member. “The fair offers a mix of artists and a mix of materials at a range of price points. It’s a great way to spend a summer day, along the river in the middle of downtown Milwaukee.”
Artists display work in ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, photography, printmaking, sculpture, wood and mixed media (to name a few).
Attendees can also enjoy food and drinks while walking along the Milwaukee River, browsing unique, quality fine craft pieces and visiting with local artists. A silent auction to benefit Milwaukee’s own Artists Working in Education organization (www.awe-inc.org) will take place on the fair grounds. Parking is available on-site and on surrounding city streets.
The Wisconsin Designer Crafts Council (WDCC) is a statewide group dedicated to fostering excellence in fine crafts and making fine crafts more significant in the cultural life of Wisconsin through education and professional development. The WDCC sponsors both the Morning Glory Fine Craft Fair and the Winter Glory Fine Craft Fair annually.
WHAT: 39th Annual Morning Glory Fine Craft Fair
WHEN: Saturday, August 10, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Sunday, August 11, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
WHERE: The Grounds of the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, 929 N. Water Street, Milwaukee, 53202
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability