The City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department (WPRF) announces the City of Waukesha Independence Day parade will take place on Thurs., July 4, 2013 and be followed by a large fireworks display in the evening. The parade, “Star Spangled Salute,” will step off at 11:00 a.m. from Cutler Park and fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m. at the Waukesha County Expo Grounds.
“We have an especially grand parade and spectacular fireworks occurring in Waukesha this year due to overwhelming sponsor support,” said Joanna Adamicki Parks, Recreation & Forestry special events coordinator. “Several strong businesses have stepped up to support Waukesha’s Independence day activities, this year will be one of the best celebrations in some time and we thank our sponsors for their generosity and support of Waukesha community events.”
Newly opened and employee-owned Woodman’s Markets has generously sponsored the fireworks display. Due to Woodman’s support of the fireworks display, this year will be one of the largest fireworks displays on record. Local businesses have sponsored specialty units making their debut appearance in the Waukesha parade including: the Shoppes at Fox River proudly sponsoring the UW-Madison Marching Band; Hippenmeyer, Reilly, Moodie & Blum, S.C. proudly sponsoring the Greater Milwaukee Fire & Police Pipes and Drums; Berg Management and Standarski Builders proudly sponsoring the Tripoli Motor Corp. In addition, the Waukesha Kiwanis Early Risers Club has returned as sponsor of the ice cream for children participating in the parade.
The parade will begin at the corner of Maple and Wisconsin Ave., travel west on Wisconsin Ave., turn right at West Ave., follow Main St. east, turn left on Buckley, then right on Baxter, finishing at the Schuetze Recreation Center, 1120 Baxter St. in Frame Park.
Parade line-up for children taking part in the parade will be at 10:00 a.m. in Cutler Park. Judging will take place at 10:30 a.m. and ribbons will be awarded for participation as well as for decorated units, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the following individual categories: Bikes; Trikes; Wagons; Buggies; and Costume. Pre-registration is not necessary.
The City of Waukesha Fireworks will also be held Wednesday, July 4, beginning at approximately 9:30 p.m. at the Waukesha County Expo Grounds, 1000 Northview Rd., Waukesha. The grounds open at 7:00 p.m. The carry-in of alcohol, fireworks (including sparklers), as well as pets, is prohibited.
For more information about the Independence Day Activities, please call
262-524-3737 or visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us/parks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential