The City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department (WPRF) announces the City of Waukesha Independence Day parade will take place on Thurs., July 4, 2013 and be followed by a large fireworks display in the evening. The parade, “Star Spangled Salute,” will step off at 11:00 a.m. from Cutler Park and fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m. at the Waukesha County Expo Grounds.
“We have an especially grand parade and spectacular fireworks occurring in Waukesha this year due to overwhelming sponsor support,” said Joanna Adamicki Parks, Recreation & Forestry special events coordinator. “Several strong businesses have stepped up to support Waukesha’s Independence day activities, this year will be one of the best celebrations in some time and we thank our sponsors for their generosity and support of Waukesha community events.”
Newly opened and employee-owned Woodman’s Markets has generously sponsored the fireworks display. Due to Woodman’s support of the fireworks display, this year will be one of the largest fireworks displays on record. Local businesses have sponsored specialty units making their debut appearance in the Waukesha parade including: the Shoppes at Fox River proudly sponsoring the UW-Madison Marching Band; Hippenmeyer, Reilly, Moodie & Blum, S.C. proudly sponsoring the Greater Milwaukee Fire & Police Pipes and Drums; Berg Management and Standarski Builders proudly sponsoring the Tripoli Motor Corp. In addition, the Waukesha Kiwanis Early Risers Club has returned as sponsor of the ice cream for children participating in the parade.
The parade will begin at the corner of Maple and Wisconsin Ave., travel west on Wisconsin Ave., turn right at West Ave., follow Main St. east, turn left on Buckley, then right on Baxter, finishing at the Schuetze Recreation Center, 1120 Baxter St. in Frame Park.
Parade line-up for children taking part in the parade will be at 10:00 a.m. in Cutler Park. Judging will take place at 10:30 a.m. and ribbons will be awarded for participation as well as for decorated units, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the following individual categories: Bikes; Trikes; Wagons; Buggies; and Costume. Pre-registration is not necessary.
The City of Waukesha Fireworks will also be held Wednesday, July 4, beginning at approximately 9:30 p.m. at the Waukesha County Expo Grounds, 1000 Northview Rd., Waukesha. The grounds open at 7:00 p.m. The carry-in of alcohol, fireworks (including sparklers), as well as pets, is prohibited.
For more information about the Independence Day Activities, please call
262-524-3737 or visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us/parks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME