Ashraf El-Meanawy, MD, PhD, associate professor of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was awarded the Featured New Investigator Award by the Central Society for Clinical and Translational Research at the organization’s annual meeting in April.
Dr. El-Meanawy, who is a practicing nephrologist at Froedtert Hospital and the Zablocki VA Medical Center, was chosen for this honor based on his research into the relationships between premature birth and the development of hypertension and kidney disease.
Before joining the MCW faculty in 2007, Dr. El-Meanawy attended the School of Medicine at Cairo University in Cairo, Egypt, where he earned his medical degree, his master of science degree, and his doctor of philosophy degree. He did residency and a post-doctoral research fellowship at MetroHealth at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Oh.
Dr. El-Meanaway’s laboratory is part of MCW’s Cardiovascular Center.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military