Ashraf El-Meanawy, MD, PhD, associate professor of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was awarded the Featured New Investigator Award by the Central Society for Clinical and Translational Research at the organization’s annual meeting in April.
Dr. El-Meanawy, who is a practicing nephrologist at Froedtert Hospital and the Zablocki VA Medical Center, was chosen for this honor based on his research into the relationships between premature birth and the development of hypertension and kidney disease.
Before joining the MCW faculty in 2007, Dr. El-Meanawy attended the School of Medicine at Cairo University in Cairo, Egypt, where he earned his medical degree, his master of science degree, and his doctor of philosophy degree. He did residency and a post-doctoral research fellowship at MetroHealth at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Oh.
Dr. El-Meanaway’s laboratory is part of MCW’s Cardiovascular Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Sponsors
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- "WEIRD ANIMALS" Come to Vacation Bible School