Ashraf El-Meanawy, MD, PhD, associate professor of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was awarded the Featured New Investigator Award by the Central Society for Clinical and Translational Research at the organization’s annual meeting in April.
Dr. El-Meanawy, who is a practicing nephrologist at Froedtert Hospital and the Zablocki VA Medical Center, was chosen for this honor based on his research into the relationships between premature birth and the development of hypertension and kidney disease.
Before joining the MCW faculty in 2007, Dr. El-Meanawy attended the School of Medicine at Cairo University in Cairo, Egypt, where he earned his medical degree, his master of science degree, and his doctor of philosophy degree. He did residency and a post-doctoral research fellowship at MetroHealth at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Oh.
Dr. El-Meanaway’s laboratory is part of MCW’s Cardiovascular Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!