Ashraf El-Meanawy, MD, PhD, associate professor of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was awarded the Featured New Investigator Award by the Central Society for Clinical and Translational Research at the organization’s annual meeting in April.
Dr. El-Meanawy, who is a practicing nephrologist at Froedtert Hospital and the Zablocki VA Medical Center, was chosen for this honor based on his research into the relationships between premature birth and the development of hypertension and kidney disease.
Before joining the MCW faculty in 2007, Dr. El-Meanawy attended the School of Medicine at Cairo University in Cairo, Egypt, where he earned his medical degree, his master of science degree, and his doctor of philosophy degree. He did residency and a post-doctoral research fellowship at MetroHealth at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Oh.
Dr. El-Meanaway’s laboratory is part of MCW’s Cardiovascular Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22