Attorney Robert L. Habush, of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C., has been awarded the “Lifetime Achievement Award” by the Milwaukee Bar Association (MBA). The award is presented to the lawyer whose career achievements in both the practice of law and community service demonstrate a consistent level of excellence. Habush will receive the award at the MBA’s annual meeting and luncheon on June 11 at the Italian Conference Center.
“Bob’s success in championing the rights of injured people and their families is unparalleled in Wisconsin legal history. We couldn’t be more proud,” said Daniel Rottier, President of Habush Habush & Rottier.
Habush’s career spans more than five decades, during which he has been involved in some of the most significant jury awards both in Wisconsin, as well as in federal courthouses across the nation. Highlights of his career include the verdict in the Miller Park crane disaster, achieving a $99,250,000 jury award on behalf of the widows of the three ironworkers killed in the tragic event. Habush was also the lead attorney for the State of Wisconsin in its lawsuit against the tobacco industry, resulting in a six billion dollar settlement. The Trial Lawyer of the Year Award given by the Wisconsin Association of justice bears his name.
Habush has been a significant figure in the development of the law in Wisconsin. A number of cases he has been involved with have helped transform the law, leading to significant protections for workers and consumers. He has also been a professor at both of Wisconsin’s law schools, an author, a noted lecturer both locally and nationally, and a philanthropist.
He has funded scholarships at Marquette Law school and a moot court fund at the University of Wisconsin Law School. His contribution to Marquette Law School created the Howard Eisenberg memorial Hall for the late Dean of Marquette Law school. Nationally, the American Association of Justice named its Endowment after him. He and his wife, Mimi’s gifts to community charities, especially those for the disabled, are legendary.
Through his efforts, Habush Habush & Rottier have become one of the largest and most successful personal injury firms in the United States.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!