Mequon residents Niko King and daughter Sophia King will appear in the in the 28th Annual Original One Act Festival, opening Friday June 14, 2013.
This annual event, hosted by the Village of Wauwatosa Playhouse and performed at Carte Blanche Studios in Milwaukee highlights the work of 7 Wisconsin playwrights. This year the shows include:
A LATE NIGHT PHONE CALL by Jack Douthitt
INFORMATION STATIONS by W. Patrick Fogarty
SQUEAKY by Rand Higbee
MAPS by A.L. Martin
HOW TO KILL YOUR HUSBAND by Evvie Smith and SDP
BEYOND THE WALL by Marion Younquist
THE GREAT JIMMY BOYLE by Marcia Jablonski
Niko and Sophia star in Information Stations, a comedy with an information booth and its receptionist serving a conduit to true happiness and the focal point of the show.
In this production, directed by Raymond Bradford, Niko plays the role of the receptionist, a character she describes as “a cross between Carol Burnett and Lily Tomlin”. Niko King has appeared on stage and screen for the past 25 years and was most recently seen in Carte Blanche’s highly acclaimed production of Sweeney Todd, directed by Jimmy Dragolovich.
Sophia King, a 4th grade student at Oriole Lane School in Mequon, plays the role of the Young Woman in Information Stations. What is her favorite part of the show? “I have a scene with Lloyd, who plays my grandfather” said Sophia, “the scene always makes me laugh”. Sophia most recently appeared as Ricki Sherman in the Bay Players production of A Seven Year Itch. She has also appeared in national commercials and as a model for American Girl.
Rounding out a very talented cast are One Act Festival veterans, Elizabeth Havican, Clarence Aumend and Lloyd Dreger, all of whom will make you howl with laughter.
The 28th Annual Original One Act Festival will be performed at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, June 14, 15, 21 and 22. All performances are at Carte Blanche Studios, at 1024 S. 5th Street. Tickets for all performances are $15 – adults, $13 –students and seniors. Tickets may be purchased and reserved in advanced by calling 414-207-4879 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder