Mequon residents Niko King and daughter Sophia King will appear in the in the 28th Annual Original One Act Festival, opening Friday June 14, 2013.
This annual event, hosted by the Village of Wauwatosa Playhouse and performed at Carte Blanche Studios in Milwaukee highlights the work of 7 Wisconsin playwrights. This year the shows include:
A LATE NIGHT PHONE CALL by Jack Douthitt
INFORMATION STATIONS by W. Patrick Fogarty
SQUEAKY by Rand Higbee
MAPS by A.L. Martin
HOW TO KILL YOUR HUSBAND by Evvie Smith and SDP
BEYOND THE WALL by Marion Younquist
THE GREAT JIMMY BOYLE by Marcia Jablonski
Niko and Sophia star in Information Stations, a comedy with an information booth and its receptionist serving a conduit to true happiness and the focal point of the show.
In this production, directed by Raymond Bradford, Niko plays the role of the receptionist, a character she describes as “a cross between Carol Burnett and Lily Tomlin”. Niko King has appeared on stage and screen for the past 25 years and was most recently seen in Carte Blanche’s highly acclaimed production of Sweeney Todd, directed by Jimmy Dragolovich.
Sophia King, a 4th grade student at Oriole Lane School in Mequon, plays the role of the Young Woman in Information Stations. What is her favorite part of the show? “I have a scene with Lloyd, who plays my grandfather” said Sophia, “the scene always makes me laugh”. Sophia most recently appeared as Ricki Sherman in the Bay Players production of A Seven Year Itch. She has also appeared in national commercials and as a model for American Girl.
Rounding out a very talented cast are One Act Festival veterans, Elizabeth Havican, Clarence Aumend and Lloyd Dreger, all of whom will make you howl with laughter.
The 28th Annual Original One Act Festival will be performed at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, June 14, 15, 21 and 22. All performances are at Carte Blanche Studios, at 1024 S. 5th Street. Tickets for all performances are $15 – adults, $13 –students and seniors. Tickets may be purchased and reserved in advanced by calling 414-207-4879 or emailing email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th