Diane W. Braza, MD, chair of the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been selected to participate in the 2013-2014 Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine® (ELAM) Program for Women.
ELAM is a core program of the Institute for Women’s Health and Leadership at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia. The one-year curriculum prepares senior women faculty for leadership at academic health centers.
Dr. Braza joined MCW in 1992 as an assistant clinical professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation, and served as medical director of Froedtert and The Medical College of Wisconsin Spinecare Program from 1995-2011, when she was named interim chair of the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Dr. Braza, who was named the department chair in November 2012, has significant medical student teaching experience and led the transformation of the residency educational curriculum in the department.
“Dr. Braza has demonstrated significant dedication to, and interest in, continued development as a critical leader. We congratulate Dr. Braza on this distinguished and well-deserved honor. The Medical College of Wisconsin is proud to continue its long-standing tradition of supporting female faculty members who wish to attain leadership positions,” said Joseph E. Kerschner, MD, Dean of the Medical School and Executive Vice President of the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year
- Up and Coming Website for Teen Moms
- CTSI funds ovarian cancer research
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients