For the third time in a row, a Mount Mary student has been awarded a Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship. Shaticia (Shay) Landry was one of 14 students from Wisconsin colleges and universities to receive the award from the federally-funded program that supports students nationwide. Landry will use her scholarship to support her study abroad this summer in Peru.
Landry will be taking courses at the Peruvian university, Universidad Católica de Santa Maria, and enjoying a home stay while also participating in local volunteer opportunities at a squatter settlement and a school.
As part of the scholarship requirement, she will complete a project based on her experience and designed to inspire other students to study abroad.
Landry is currently a double major in Psychology and Spanish.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" – Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Children's Audition Notice for Milwaukee Rep's 2014/15 production THE COLOR PURPLE
- Stuff the Truck for Independence
- Spring Concert "Stars" featuring Julia Simpson
- Cudahy Home to be on Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Three Wauwatosa Homes to be Part of Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- United for Libraries to present Public Service Award to Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- MCW to Host Diabetes Symposium
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event