For the third time in a row, a Mount Mary student has been awarded a Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship. Shaticia (Shay) Landry was one of 14 students from Wisconsin colleges and universities to receive the award from the federally-funded program that supports students nationwide. Landry will use her scholarship to support her study abroad this summer in Peru.
Landry will be taking courses at the Peruvian university, Universidad Católica de Santa Maria, and enjoying a home stay while also participating in local volunteer opportunities at a squatter settlement and a school.
As part of the scholarship requirement, she will complete a project based on her experience and designed to inspire other students to study abroad.
Landry is currently a double major in Psychology and Spanish.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Journey with Jesus, Easter for Kids
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Elder Eric Scott Dougherty Returns Home
- Paul Mitchell the School Milwaukee Takes Part in National Open House Night
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager