For the third time in a row, a Mount Mary student has been awarded a Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship. Shaticia (Shay) Landry was one of 14 students from Wisconsin colleges and universities to receive the award from the federally-funded program that supports students nationwide. Landry will use her scholarship to support her study abroad this summer in Peru.
Landry will be taking courses at the Peruvian university, Universidad Católica de Santa Maria, and enjoying a home stay while also participating in local volunteer opportunities at a squatter settlement and a school.
As part of the scholarship requirement, she will complete a project based on her experience and designed to inspire other students to study abroad.
Landry is currently a double major in Psychology and Spanish.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- "WEIRD ANIMALS" Come to Vacation Bible School
- Milwaukee/NARI Shares Tips For Outdoor Living Spaces
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Researchers to explore new treatments for pancreatic cancer
- Milwaukee’s Archbishop Conducts Mass at Harwood Place
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Boatshed Lake Michigan Sponsors SUPA athletes support boat to cross Lake Michigan