Kenneth B. Simons, MD, associate dean for graduate medical education and accreditation and professor of ophthalmology and pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been named a board member of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
The National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP®) is a private, non-profit organization established in 1952 at the request of medical students to provide an orderly and fair mechanism for matching the preferences of applicants for U.S. residency positions with the preferences of residency program directors. A computerized mathematical algorithm aligns the preferences of medical students and other applicants with the preferences of residency program directors in order to fill graduate medical education training positions available at U.S. teaching hospitals.
Dr. Simons, who is also the interim senior associate dean for academic affairs at MCW, earned his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in ophthalmology at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill and a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology at the Jules Stein Eye Institute, University of California Los Angeles.
Dr. Simons was named Vice Chair of the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board in January 2013. He currently serves as a board member of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), chairing its Committee on Requirements as well as the Policies and Procedures subcommittee. He is a member of the NBME Medical School Advisory Committee and a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park