Kenneth B. Simons, MD, associate dean for graduate medical education and accreditation and professor of ophthalmology and pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been named a board member of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
The National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP®) is a private, non-profit organization established in 1952 at the request of medical students to provide an orderly and fair mechanism for matching the preferences of applicants for U.S. residency positions with the preferences of residency program directors. A computerized mathematical algorithm aligns the preferences of medical students and other applicants with the preferences of residency program directors in order to fill graduate medical education training positions available at U.S. teaching hospitals.
Dr. Simons, who is also the interim senior associate dean for academic affairs at MCW, earned his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in ophthalmology at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill and a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology at the Jules Stein Eye Institute, University of California Los Angeles.
Dr. Simons was named Vice Chair of the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board in January 2013. He currently serves as a board member of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), chairing its Committee on Requirements as well as the Policies and Procedures subcommittee. He is a member of the NBME Medical School Advisory Committee and a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available