The Medical College of Wisconsin’s Program in Genomics and Ethics will offer the first annual Genomics & Ethics Symposium Thursday, June 6, at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West in Wauwatosa, Wis.
The symposium will explore ethical and clinical issues related to genomic sequencing technologies, including informed consent for sequencing, disclosure of results from genomic sequencing, and the impact of this technology on patients, families, and other stakeholders. Sessions will include a national perspective of genomics priorities, a panel discussion on the clinical application of genomic technologies, and community engagement in genomics.
“The Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities' Program in Genomics and Ethics inaugurates this annual symposium so that we can help patients by working with our clinicians, our scientists and our community to consider the complex issues surrounding the proper use of emerging genetic technologies,” said Arthur Derse, MD, JD, director of the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities, Julia and David Uihlein Professor of Medical Humanities, and professor of bioethics and emergency medicine.
The Program in Genomics and Ethics is funded by the Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Research and Education Program Fund, a component of the Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin endowment at the MCW. It is housed in the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities at the MCW Institute for Health and Society.
The symposium is free. For more information, contact Jessica Jeruzal, program coordinator at (414) 955-8163 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for the symposium online, go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/genomicsandethicsregistration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin