The Medical College of Wisconsin’s Program in Genomics and Ethics will offer the first annual Genomics & Ethics Symposium Thursday, June 6, at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West in Wauwatosa, Wis.
The symposium will explore ethical and clinical issues related to genomic sequencing technologies, including informed consent for sequencing, disclosure of results from genomic sequencing, and the impact of this technology on patients, families, and other stakeholders. Sessions will include a national perspective of genomics priorities, a panel discussion on the clinical application of genomic technologies, and community engagement in genomics.
“The Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities' Program in Genomics and Ethics inaugurates this annual symposium so that we can help patients by working with our clinicians, our scientists and our community to consider the complex issues surrounding the proper use of emerging genetic technologies,” said Arthur Derse, MD, JD, director of the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities, Julia and David Uihlein Professor of Medical Humanities, and professor of bioethics and emergency medicine.
The Program in Genomics and Ethics is funded by the Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Research and Education Program Fund, a component of the Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin endowment at the MCW. It is housed in the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities at the MCW Institute for Health and Society.
The symposium is free. For more information, contact Jessica Jeruzal, program coordinator at (414) 955-8163 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for the symposium online, go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/genomicsandethicsregistration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- West Allis Central Class of 1979 Reunion
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies