Mitchell Grayson, MD, associate professor of pediatrics (allergy and immunology), medicine, microbiology and molecular genetics at the Medical College of Wisconsin, and an investigator at the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Research Institute, was elected to the prestigious American Society for Clinical Investigation at the Society’s annual meeting April 26 in Chicago.
Dr. Grayson, who is a practicing pediatric allergist at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, has conducted extensive, nationally-renowned research into the immunological mechanisms that lead to allergic disease. He focuses specifically on how viral infections translate into allergic disease and asthma (how a viral infection can lead to lifelong allergic disease). His group was the first to identify key cells involved in that process, and to explain how exposure to nonviral antigens (such as environmental proteins) during a viral infection can lead to an allergic response against the nonviral antigens.
The American Society for Clinical Investigation (ASCI), established in 1908, is one of the nation's oldest and most respected medical honor societies.
The ASCI comprises more than 3,000 physician-scientists from all medical specialties elected to the Society for their outstanding records of scholarly achievement in biomedical research. The ASCI represents active physician-scientists who are at the bedside, at the research bench, and at the blackboard. Many of its senior members are widely recognized leaders in academic medicine. New members must be 45 years of age or younger at the time of their election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year
- Up and Coming Website for Teen Moms
- CTSI funds ovarian cancer research
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients