Brookfield, Wis. – Local LinkedIn instructor Rick Moon, owner of Lunar Communications Public Relations and Writing Services, will offer a free LinkedIn training class May 29 at the Brookfield Public Library.
The 90-minute session begins at 6:30 p.m. The class will cover the basics of developing a LinkedIn network, using LinkedIn for business development or job searching, and the elements of a strong LinkedIn personal profile.
Moon, a Brookfield resident and 1982 graduate of Brookfield Central High School, is a veteran LinkedIn trainer who also writes content for clients’ LinkedIn profiles. LinkedIn is the world’s most popular professional social networking channel, with more than 200 million users.
“Everybody seems to be on LinkedIn, but few people grasp how to actually use this powerful medium for building business and strengthening relationships,” said Moon, a communications professional with more than 25 years experience in writing, public relations, journalism and marketing. “Most LinkedIn users, unfortunately, are just collecting names. I look forward to helping workshop attendees better understand how LinkedIn can advance their businesses and careers.”
LinkedIn is akin to “Facebook for professionals,” Moon said, but should be approached and used much differently. The May 29 class will address common mistakes made by those on LinkedIn.
Besides LinkedIn training and profile writing, Lunar Communications provides a broad array of writing services for web content, blogs, press releases, videos, newsletters, speeches and ad copy. The firm helps businesses create and implement public relations and social media strategies to position themselves for success.
A Brookfield native, Moon is a graduate of Carroll College (now Carroll University) with degrees in journalism and political science. He worked as a reporter on daily newspapers for many years before embarking on a public relations and marketing path. He launched Lunar Communications (www.lunarcommunications.net) in 2009.
Interested workshop attendees are asked to pre-register by calling the library, (262) 782-4140.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015