Brookfield, Wis. – Local LinkedIn instructor Rick Moon, owner of Lunar Communications Public Relations and Writing Services, will offer a free LinkedIn training class May 29 at the Brookfield Public Library.
The 90-minute session begins at 6:30 p.m. The class will cover the basics of developing a LinkedIn network, using LinkedIn for business development or job searching, and the elements of a strong LinkedIn personal profile.
Moon, a Brookfield resident and 1982 graduate of Brookfield Central High School, is a veteran LinkedIn trainer who also writes content for clients’ LinkedIn profiles. LinkedIn is the world’s most popular professional social networking channel, with more than 200 million users.
“Everybody seems to be on LinkedIn, but few people grasp how to actually use this powerful medium for building business and strengthening relationships,” said Moon, a communications professional with more than 25 years experience in writing, public relations, journalism and marketing. “Most LinkedIn users, unfortunately, are just collecting names. I look forward to helping workshop attendees better understand how LinkedIn can advance their businesses and careers.”
LinkedIn is akin to “Facebook for professionals,” Moon said, but should be approached and used much differently. The May 29 class will address common mistakes made by those on LinkedIn.
Besides LinkedIn training and profile writing, Lunar Communications provides a broad array of writing services for web content, blogs, press releases, videos, newsletters, speeches and ad copy. The firm helps businesses create and implement public relations and social media strategies to position themselves for success.
A Brookfield native, Moon is a graduate of Carroll College (now Carroll University) with degrees in journalism and political science. He worked as a reporter on daily newspapers for many years before embarking on a public relations and marketing path. He launched Lunar Communications (www.lunarcommunications.net) in 2009.
Interested workshop attendees are asked to pre-register by calling the library, (262) 782-4140.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- "WEIRD ANIMALS" Come to Vacation Bible School
- Milwaukee/NARI Shares Tips For Outdoor Living Spaces
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Researchers to explore new treatments for pancreatic cancer
- Milwaukee’s Archbishop Conducts Mass at Harwood Place
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Boatshed Lake Michigan Sponsors SUPA athletes support boat to cross Lake Michigan