Frank A. Pintar, PhD, professor of neurosurgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and director of the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center Neuroscience Research laboratories, received the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Arnold W. Siegel International Transportation Safety Award. Dr. Pintar was recognized for his work on the biomechanics of side impact injuries that helped lay the foundation for the latest federal motor vehicle safety standards.
The award honors Arnold W. Siegel, SAE Fellow and Medal of Honor recipient, whose pioneering crash injury research began in 1954 at the University of California – Los Angeles. It recognizes individuals whose accomplishments include outstanding international research, innovation and contributions to occupant crash injury protection, crash injury biomechanics and crash injury design for all mobility vehicles: land, air, sea, and space. Recipients are those persons in leadership positions who have made a significant transportation safety impact on their organization or on society worldwide.
Dr. Pintar’s most recent research work on small overlap impacts has generated considerable interdisciplinary collaboration with the Insurance Institute and National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. He has authored more than 500 research publications including two books on head and neck trauma and more than 220 peer-reviewed journal papers. He is the engineering principal investigator of the Wisconsin CIREN Center (six in the nation).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder