Frank A. Pintar, PhD, professor of neurosurgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and director of the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center Neuroscience Research laboratories, received the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Arnold W. Siegel International Transportation Safety Award. Dr. Pintar was recognized for his work on the biomechanics of side impact injuries that helped lay the foundation for the latest federal motor vehicle safety standards.
The award honors Arnold W. Siegel, SAE Fellow and Medal of Honor recipient, whose pioneering crash injury research began in 1954 at the University of California – Los Angeles. It recognizes individuals whose accomplishments include outstanding international research, innovation and contributions to occupant crash injury protection, crash injury biomechanics and crash injury design for all mobility vehicles: land, air, sea, and space. Recipients are those persons in leadership positions who have made a significant transportation safety impact on their organization or on society worldwide.
Dr. Pintar’s most recent research work on small overlap impacts has generated considerable interdisciplinary collaboration with the Insurance Institute and National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. He has authored more than 500 research publications including two books on head and neck trauma and more than 220 peer-reviewed journal papers. He is the engineering principal investigator of the Wisconsin CIREN Center (six in the nation).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Researchers discover new gene responsible for traits involved in diabetes
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Treating post-traumatic stress disorder
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- “Get Your Rear in Gear” run/walk for colon cancer prevention and research
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014