Frank A. Pintar, PhD, professor of neurosurgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and director of the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center Neuroscience Research laboratories, received the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Arnold W. Siegel International Transportation Safety Award. Dr. Pintar was recognized for his work on the biomechanics of side impact injuries that helped lay the foundation for the latest federal motor vehicle safety standards.
The award honors Arnold W. Siegel, SAE Fellow and Medal of Honor recipient, whose pioneering crash injury research began in 1954 at the University of California – Los Angeles. It recognizes individuals whose accomplishments include outstanding international research, innovation and contributions to occupant crash injury protection, crash injury biomechanics and crash injury design for all mobility vehicles: land, air, sea, and space. Recipients are those persons in leadership positions who have made a significant transportation safety impact on their organization or on society worldwide.
Dr. Pintar’s most recent research work on small overlap impacts has generated considerable interdisciplinary collaboration with the Insurance Institute and National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. He has authored more than 500 research publications including two books on head and neck trauma and more than 220 peer-reviewed journal papers. He is the engineering principal investigator of the Wisconsin CIREN Center (six in the nation).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park