The time has come! Wauwatosa East High School Challenge Seminar students: Libby Hallanger-Bernstein, Margaret Geertsen, Gilly McBride, and Zoey Stefaniak, have coordinated the Third Annual Sarah Strong 5k Run/Walk for their community service project (CSP). For these students, though, this event is much more than just a project. As good or best friends of Sarah Pease, these four students will do anything to keep Sarah's memory alive.
Sarah Pease was highly involved in her high school. She was active in Student Council, and was elected to be the President of the class of 2013, she wrote for the school newspaper, drummed for the band, and played on the Tosa Rugby team. Sadly, in December of 2010, Sarah was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia. She endured numerous treatments and endless hospital visits. But, She never ceased to stay strong and positive.
After seven months of aggressive treatments, Sarah lost her battle with leukemia, but the Sarah Strong 5k Run/Walk coordinators and their supporters are working to keep her memory alive.
The money raised from the run/walk will benefit the Sarah Strong Service Scholarship Fund, which also keeps Sarah's memory alive by helping Wauwatosa students attend college in Sarah's name.
Please join the Tosa community on Saturday, May 11th in the Big Tree Picnic Area at Hart Park at 9am to celebrate the life of Sarah Pease! Register at www.sarahstrong5k.com. Let's show we are strong for Sarah Pease!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza Celebrates “Pi Day” with $3.14 Pizzas on Friday, March 14
- Wauwatosa Recreation and Summer School New Registration Procedures
- Milwaukee Montessori School Welcomes Catherine Brys as Director of Child Care Program
- BELLWETHER’S PRIVATE LOAN FUNDING
- Holiday Food Drive For Hunger Task Force to be Featured in St. Patrick’s Day Parades
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Free Sound Reinforcement & Live Sound Classes
- Historian John Gurda To Speak at Elm Grove Playhouse
- Announcing the Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen for 2013: Maureen Connors Badding
- McKinley Lodge Fish Fry