The time has come! Wauwatosa East High School Challenge Seminar students: Libby Hallanger-Bernstein, Margaret Geertsen, Gilly McBride, and Zoey Stefaniak, have coordinated the Third Annual Sarah Strong 5k Run/Walk for their community service project (CSP). For these students, though, this event is much more than just a project. As good or best friends of Sarah Pease, these four students will do anything to keep Sarah's memory alive.
Sarah Pease was highly involved in her high school. She was active in Student Council, and was elected to be the President of the class of 2013, she wrote for the school newspaper, drummed for the band, and played on the Tosa Rugby team. Sadly, in December of 2010, Sarah was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia. She endured numerous treatments and endless hospital visits. But, She never ceased to stay strong and positive.
After seven months of aggressive treatments, Sarah lost her battle with leukemia, but the Sarah Strong 5k Run/Walk coordinators and their supporters are working to keep her memory alive.
The money raised from the run/walk will benefit the Sarah Strong Service Scholarship Fund, which also keeps Sarah's memory alive by helping Wauwatosa students attend college in Sarah's name.
Please join the Tosa community on Saturday, May 11th in the Big Tree Picnic Area at Hart Park at 9am to celebrate the life of Sarah Pease! Register at www.sarahstrong5k.com. Let's show we are strong for Sarah Pease!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference