Bel Canto Boy Choirs, directed by Ellen Shuler, present "Child's Play" on Sunday, May 5. This free event is part of the First Congregational Church of Wauwatosa's 2013 "4 O'clocks Free Concert Series." The performance begins at 4:00 pm at First Congregational Church, 1511 Church Street, Wauwatosa, WI.
Lee Jacobi, the church's long-time music director, invites everyone to "enjoy the music of Britten, Rutter, and others, performed by these wonderful young musicians of the Bel Canto Boy Choirs. Admission is free, donations will be gratefully accepted, and a reception will follow the concert for all."
Selections to be performed include Benjamin Britten's "Friday Afternoons," a 12-song-cycle of boundless melodic and dramatic invention, John Rutter's inspirational "Magical Kingdom," and other works.
"For more than a decade, First Church has presented the '4 O'clocks Free Concert Series,'" said Rev. William S. Trump Jr., Senior Minister. "These free musical presentations are another important way we reach out to our community. Music is a unifying language that can bring diverse cultures together."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Residents Perform At Sunset Playhouse
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Sarah Oberhofer Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22