Bel Canto Boy Choirs, directed by Ellen Shuler, present "Child's Play" on Sunday, May 5. This free event is part of the First Congregational Church of Wauwatosa's 2013 "4 O'clocks Free Concert Series." The performance begins at 4:00 pm at First Congregational Church, 1511 Church Street, Wauwatosa, WI.
Lee Jacobi, the church's long-time music director, invites everyone to "enjoy the music of Britten, Rutter, and others, performed by these wonderful young musicians of the Bel Canto Boy Choirs. Admission is free, donations will be gratefully accepted, and a reception will follow the concert for all."
Selections to be performed include Benjamin Britten's "Friday Afternoons," a 12-song-cycle of boundless melodic and dramatic invention, John Rutter's inspirational "Magical Kingdom," and other works.
"For more than a decade, First Church has presented the '4 O'clocks Free Concert Series,'" said Rev. William S. Trump Jr., Senior Minister. "These free musical presentations are another important way we reach out to our community. Music is a unifying language that can bring diverse cultures together."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder