Bel Canto Boy Choirs, directed by Ellen Shuler, present "Child's Play" on Sunday, May 5. This free event is part of the First Congregational Church of Wauwatosa's 2013 "4 O'clocks Free Concert Series." The performance begins at 4:00 pm at First Congregational Church, 1511 Church Street, Wauwatosa, WI.
Lee Jacobi, the church's long-time music director, invites everyone to "enjoy the music of Britten, Rutter, and others, performed by these wonderful young musicians of the Bel Canto Boy Choirs. Admission is free, donations will be gratefully accepted, and a reception will follow the concert for all."
Selections to be performed include Benjamin Britten's "Friday Afternoons," a 12-song-cycle of boundless melodic and dramatic invention, John Rutter's inspirational "Magical Kingdom," and other works.
"For more than a decade, First Church has presented the '4 O'clocks Free Concert Series,'" said Rev. William S. Trump Jr., Senior Minister. "These free musical presentations are another important way we reach out to our community. Music is a unifying language that can bring diverse cultures together."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ