Bel Canto Boy Choirs, directed by Ellen Shuler, present "Child's Play" on Sunday, May 5. This free event is part of the First Congregational Church of Wauwatosa's 2013 "4 O'clocks Free Concert Series." The performance begins at 4:00 pm at First Congregational Church, 1511 Church Street, Wauwatosa, WI.
Lee Jacobi, the church's long-time music director, invites everyone to "enjoy the music of Britten, Rutter, and others, performed by these wonderful young musicians of the Bel Canto Boy Choirs. Admission is free, donations will be gratefully accepted, and a reception will follow the concert for all."
Selections to be performed include Benjamin Britten's "Friday Afternoons," a 12-song-cycle of boundless melodic and dramatic invention, John Rutter's inspirational "Magical Kingdom," and other works.
"For more than a decade, First Church has presented the '4 O'clocks Free Concert Series,'" said Rev. William S. Trump Jr., Senior Minister. "These free musical presentations are another important way we reach out to our community. Music is a unifying language that can bring diverse cultures together."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You