Bel Canto Boy Choirs, directed by Ellen Shuler, present "Child's Play" on Sunday, May 5. This free event is part of the First Congregational Church of Wauwatosa's 2013 "4 O'clocks Free Concert Series." The performance begins at 4:00 pm at First Congregational Church, 1511 Church Street, Wauwatosa, WI.
Lee Jacobi, the church's long-time music director, invites everyone to "enjoy the music of Britten, Rutter, and others, performed by these wonderful young musicians of the Bel Canto Boy Choirs. Admission is free, donations will be gratefully accepted, and a reception will follow the concert for all."
Selections to be performed include Benjamin Britten's "Friday Afternoons," a 12-song-cycle of boundless melodic and dramatic invention, John Rutter's inspirational "Magical Kingdom," and other works.
"For more than a decade, First Church has presented the '4 O'clocks Free Concert Series,'" said Rev. William S. Trump Jr., Senior Minister. "These free musical presentations are another important way we reach out to our community. Music is a unifying language that can bring diverse cultures together."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential