The Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Horticulture Club will hold its annual plant sale from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday and Saturday, May 10-11, and Monday through Saturday, May 13-18, in the greenhouses at MATC’s Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road. (There will be no sale on Sunday, May 12.) Offerings include specialty-scented geraniums, annual and perennial bedding plants, vegetables and herbs, native plants, decorative containers and hanging baskets. Prices range from $1.50 per four-plant cell pack of bedding plants to $10 to $20 for hanging baskets and mixed containers.
The sale features plants grown in the MATC Horticulture Department’s Greenhouse Production class, which is part of the landscape horticulture associate degree program offered at the Mequon Campus. Proceeds from the sale fund educational trips to botanic gardens, national student career competitions, professional trade shows and sites of horticultural interest.
Come early for the best selection. For more information, call (262) 238-2322.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and Pre-College Education, which assists people with completing high school, preparing for college or entering the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin