Muskego's Lydia Rose Gionfriddo Eiche took the $1000 First Place Award at the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's 2013 Scholarship Auditions held April 20th at Cardinal Stritch University.
A Junior studying with Mimmi Fulmer at UW-Madison, she has appeared as Zerlina in the
University Opera production of "Don Giovanni" and will sing the role of Dalinda in Handel's
"Ariodante" this fall.
Eiche has soloed with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and has received awards from the Civic Music Association of Milwaukee and NATS,
the National Association of Teachers of Singing
plus a Tuition Waiver from UW-Madison.
In June, Eiche will perform the role of Suzanna in Mozart's "Le nozze di Figaro" at the Opera Orvieto in Italy.
Second place ($750) was won by soprano Naiza Delica of Shorewood and the($500) Third Place was awarded to Sussex soprano Dana Vetter.
Judges for the auditions were Dr. Jayne Latva,
Milwaukee free-lance pianist; Monte Perkins,
Director of the Festival City Orchestra; and Wendy Traeger, Chair of the Music Department and Director of Choirs at Wauwatosa East High School.
For additional information, please see the Club's website at macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
(Eiche photo to follow separately)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Get up, get out, get active at free Day of Play event!
- MCW researchers call for evidence-based discussion on advantages and challenges of three-year medical school curriculum
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE