Muskego's Lydia Rose Gionfriddo Eiche took the $1000 First Place Award at the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's 2013 Scholarship Auditions held April 20th at Cardinal Stritch University.
A Junior studying with Mimmi Fulmer at UW-Madison, she has appeared as Zerlina in the
University Opera production of "Don Giovanni" and will sing the role of Dalinda in Handel's
"Ariodante" this fall.
Eiche has soloed with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and has received awards from the Civic Music Association of Milwaukee and NATS,
the National Association of Teachers of Singing
plus a Tuition Waiver from UW-Madison.
In June, Eiche will perform the role of Suzanna in Mozart's "Le nozze di Figaro" at the Opera Orvieto in Italy.
Second place ($750) was won by soprano Naiza Delica of Shorewood and the($500) Third Place was awarded to Sussex soprano Dana Vetter.
Judges for the auditions were Dr. Jayne Latva,
Milwaukee free-lance pianist; Monte Perkins,
Director of the Festival City Orchestra; and Wendy Traeger, Chair of the Music Department and Director of Choirs at Wauwatosa East High School.
For additional information, please see the Club's website at macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
(Eiche photo to follow separately)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Researchers discover new gene responsible for traits involved in diabetes
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Treating post-traumatic stress disorder
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- “Get Your Rear in Gear” run/walk for colon cancer prevention and research
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014