Muskego's Lydia Rose Gionfriddo Eiche took the $1000 First Place Award at the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's 2013 Scholarship Auditions held April 20th at Cardinal Stritch University.
A Junior studying with Mimmi Fulmer at UW-Madison, she has appeared as Zerlina in the
University Opera production of "Don Giovanni" and will sing the role of Dalinda in Handel's
"Ariodante" this fall.
Eiche has soloed with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and has received awards from the Civic Music Association of Milwaukee and NATS,
the National Association of Teachers of Singing
plus a Tuition Waiver from UW-Madison.
In June, Eiche will perform the role of Suzanna in Mozart's "Le nozze di Figaro" at the Opera Orvieto in Italy.
Second place ($750) was won by soprano Naiza Delica of Shorewood and the($500) Third Place was awarded to Sussex soprano Dana Vetter.
Judges for the auditions were Dr. Jayne Latva,
Milwaukee free-lance pianist; Monte Perkins,
Director of the Festival City Orchestra; and Wendy Traeger, Chair of the Music Department and Director of Choirs at Wauwatosa East High School.
For additional information, please see the Club's website at macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
(Eiche photo to follow separately)
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids