Muskego's Lydia Rose Gionfriddo Eiche took the $1000 First Place Award at the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's 2013 Scholarship Auditions held April 20th at Cardinal Stritch University.
A Junior studying with Mimmi Fulmer at UW-Madison, she has appeared as Zerlina in the
University Opera production of "Don Giovanni" and will sing the role of Dalinda in Handel's
"Ariodante" this fall.
Eiche has soloed with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra and has received awards from the Civic Music Association of Milwaukee and NATS,
the National Association of Teachers of Singing
plus a Tuition Waiver from UW-Madison.
In June, Eiche will perform the role of Suzanna in Mozart's "Le nozze di Figaro" at the Opera Orvieto in Italy.
Second place ($750) was won by soprano Naiza Delica of Shorewood and the($500) Third Place was awarded to Sussex soprano Dana Vetter.
Judges for the auditions were Dr. Jayne Latva,
Milwaukee free-lance pianist; Monte Perkins,
Director of the Festival City Orchestra; and Wendy Traeger, Chair of the Music Department and Director of Choirs at Wauwatosa East High School.
For additional information, please see the Club's website at macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
(Eiche photo to follow separately)
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo