The Central Society for Clinical and Translational Research (CSCTR) has awarded Early Career Development Awards to two researchers at the Medical College of Wisconsin. The $10,000 award is designed to help support and develop “rising stars” in academic medicine.
Matthew Riese, M.D., Ph.D., and Jennifer Strande, M.D., Ph.D., are two of only six recipients nationwide in 2013.
Dr. Riese is an assistant professor of medicine (hematology/oncology). Dual board-certified in internal medicine and medical oncology, his research focuses on augmenting immune-based therapies in cancer treatments. He also investigates immune therapies for genitourinary cancers, and is a practicing oncologist who sees patients at Froedtert Hospital.
Dr. Strande is an assistant professor of cardiovascular medicine, cell biology, neurobiology, and anatomy. Dual board-certified in internal medicine and cardiovascular medicine, she studies heart disease, specializing in the mechanisms that cause cardiomyopathies. She is currently investigating the cellular and molecular mechanisms that cause cardiomyopathy in patients with muscular dystrophy.
The CSCTR is one of the oldest and largest academic medical societies in the Midwest. The primary objectives are to advance medical science, cultivate clinical research, correlate science with the art of medical practice, encourage scientific investigation, and disseminate the science among the members.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- FREE Parent/Child YOGA at Authentic Birth Center • Wellness Collective
- Science Students Learn with Depth and Complexity
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Explain How Technology in Faucets and Showerheads Expand Consumer Options
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients