Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes Partners With The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County
The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County will team up with the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc. and the association’s annual Tour of Remodeled Homes, scheduled for Sat., May 18 – Sun., May 19, 2013.
Tour attendees can receive $2 off the regular admission price of $7 when they bring two non-perishable food items to the first location they visit.
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in London in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for 129 years in the United States. Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. Approximately 84 cents of every dollar spent is used to support those services in 5,000 communities nationwide.
The Tour of Remodeled Homes, sponsored by Kohler Co. in conjunction with First Supply, and by VerHalen, the Pella Window Store, is from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. both days. The Tour allows attendees to visit 14 recently completed remodeling and home improvement projects from Milwaukee/NARI contractors at homes throughout southeastern Wisconsin. The project list is as follows:
• Allen Kitchen & Bath: Kitchen and Powder Room Remodel • 2012 Forest Street • Wauwatosa
• Bartelt. The Remodeling Source: First Floor Remodel • N63 W29790 Woodfield Court • Hartland
• Callen Construction: Kitchen Remodel • 13120 Wrayburn Road • Elm Grove
• Design Group Three: Kitchen Remodel • 12865 W. Greenbriar Lane • New Berlin
• Dimension Design, Build, Remodel: Master Bath Remodel • 18970 Brookridge Dr. • Brookfield
• S.J. Janis Company: Kitchen Remodel • 2139 N. 81st Street • Wauwatosa
• Joseph Douglas Homes and Remodeling: Whole House Remodel • 2485 Lionel Court • Brookfield
• Kowalske Kitchen & Bath: Kitchen Remodel • 1248 Highpoint Lane • Waukesha
• Owner Assisted Remodeling: Kitchen Remodel • 2445 N. 64 Street • Wauwatosa
• Pekel Construction & Remodeling: Family Room and Mudroom Entry with a Seasonal Open Air Portico • 7907 Mary Ellen Place • Wauwatosa
• Refined Renovations: Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel • 20835 Saxon Court • Brookfield
• Wade Design & Construction: Master Bath and Kitchen Remodel • 4110 W. Manor Circle • Mequon
• Jim Wirtz’s Woodworks: Kitchen Remodel • 1822 N 72nd St. • Wauwatosa
• Jim Wirtz’s Woodworks: Kitchen Remodel • 1831 N. 71st St. • Wauwatosa
An added attraction for the 2013 Tour of Remodeled Homes is an opportunity to win a house full of faucets from the Kohler Co., which will include a new bathroom and kitchen faucets valued at more than $1,000. Patrons that visit at least six of the project locations will be eligible to register to win the prize package.
Tour of Remodeled Homes admission is $4 in advance, and $7 at the door of the projects. Starting Wed., May 1, through Fri., May 17, advance tickets can be purchased between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council office, 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave. in Wauwatosa.
Attendees that bring two, non-perishable food items to the door of the first project they visit will receive a $2 admission discount, with the food items to be donated to The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study