Mary Diez, SSSF, Ph.D., dean of the Alverno College School of Education, was recognized by Marquette University’s College of Education with its Education Advocacy Award. The award recognizes individuals who make significant or systemic contributions to the local, state or national educational landscape through their work. Diez was presented with the award on April 23 at Marquette’s annual College of Education Mission Recognition Evening. The event honors individuals and groups from both within and outside the Marquette community who have made significant contributions toward advancing the college’s social justice mission. This year marks the 5th annual Mission Recognition event for Marquette.
“These awards celebrate the many extraordinary individuals and organizations that help the College of Education achieve our social justice mission,” says Marquette College of Education Dean Bill Henk. “It is our way to both to commend and voice appreciation to exceptional students, early-career professionals, and faculty, as well as cooperating teachers and practicum supervisors, education champions in the community, and our partner schools and human service agencies.”
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For two years in a row, Alverno College was ranked first in the Midwest for doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military