Mary Diez, SSSF, Ph.D., dean of the Alverno College School of Education, was recognized by Marquette University’s College of Education with its Education Advocacy Award. The award recognizes individuals who make significant or systemic contributions to the local, state or national educational landscape through their work. Diez was presented with the award on April 23 at Marquette’s annual College of Education Mission Recognition Evening. The event honors individuals and groups from both within and outside the Marquette community who have made significant contributions toward advancing the college’s social justice mission. This year marks the 5th annual Mission Recognition event for Marquette.
“These awards celebrate the many extraordinary individuals and organizations that help the College of Education achieve our social justice mission,” says Marquette College of Education Dean Bill Henk. “It is our way to both to commend and voice appreciation to exceptional students, early-career professionals, and faculty, as well as cooperating teachers and practicum supervisors, education champions in the community, and our partner schools and human service agencies.”
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For two years in a row, Alverno College was ranked first in the Midwest for doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease