Friday, April 26 from 5-9PM
Saturday, April 27 from 10AM-4PM
The Westside boasts an abundance of locally owned galleries featuring art from Milwaukee area artists, unique shops and boutiques offering art, fine crafts, clothing and accessories, and an array of restaurants, many serving up seasonal and local ingredients. We invite you to spend a few hours, stay for the day or the entire weekend and explore, discover and celebrate the arts on the Westside of Milwaukee!
The Spring Westside Artwalk takes place on Milwaukee's westside in the Washington Heights neighborhood on Vliet Street from 43rd to 60th Streets and North Avenue from 52nd to 53rd Street. This two day event is family friendly and offers a little something for a wide range of tastes and styles. Free parking is available along Vliet Street and North Avenue. Many of the participating businesses will be hosting receptions on Friday night with their featured artists.
Visit www.westvliet.com/artwalk/ for complete event information, an interactive brochure and a short preview video of Westside Artwalk.
Fuel your creativity during Spring Westside Artwalk by participating in some of the Make & Take Projects that are hosted by participating businesses!
Make a necklace or bracelet out of beads made from old magazines with Carla VanLieShout at Art & Soul Gallery (5706-08 W. Vliet) on Saturday from 11am-1pm. Free.
Make a pinwheel with Julie Paasch-Anderson on Saturday from 10:30am-2pm at the James Steeno Gallery (5700 W. Vliet). Free.
Make postcard size artworks with repurposed materials on Saturday with Rachel Winkley at The Salvaged Studio (1409 W.Vliet) on Saturday at 11am, 12:30pm & 2pm. $7 for 3 or $10 for 5.
Make Beads out of recycled paper with Clara Tracy at Four Corners of the World Fair Trade (5401 W. Vliet) on Friday from 5-8pm and Saturday from 10am-4pm. Free.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park