The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) received a one-year, $8,000 award from the Health Resources and Services Administration to fund a new Public Health Traineeship program.
Laura Cassidy, Ph.D., M.S., associate professor in the Institute for Health and Society, director of MCW’s epidemiology program, and director of the public and community health doctoral program, is the program director for the grant.
The traineeship is aimed at helping MCW develop students capable of addressing shortages in Wisconsin’s public health workforce, and will help MCW support doctoral candidates as they complete their dissertation research.
The funds should help build new opportunities for community-academic partnerships and community-based participatory research projects, both of which will better prepare students to strengthen the public health workforce in Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller
- Dr. Matthew Hunsaker Named Campus Dean for Medical College of Wisconsin–Green Bay
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success