Dr. Bryon Johnson Appointed to Cancer Immunopathology and Immunotherapy Scientific Review Study Section
Bryon D. Johnson, Ph.D., Professor of Pediatrics (Hematology and Oncology) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been appointed to the Cancer Immunopathology and Immunotherapy Study Section, Center for Scientific Review. The study section reviews research proposals addressing immunologic therapies of cancer and antibody-based therapies as potential cancer treatments.
Dr. Johnson joined the MCW faculty in 1994. He currently holds a second appointment in the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at MCW. He also serves as a member of the Pediatrics Hematology-Oncology-Transplant leadership team, and he is Chair of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee. He is a prolific and respected researcher in his field who has authored more than 60 peer-reviewed articles and reviews, and he is often an invited lecturer at national and international conferences. Dr. Johnson is currently conducting NIH-funded research in immunotherapy for neuroblastoma, and he is involved in developing novel immune therapies for other cancers, including multiple myeloma and leukemias.
Dr. Johnson received his Bachelor of Science degree from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, in 1983. He earned his doctoral degree at the University of Health Sciences / The Chicago Medical School, now the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, in North Chicago, in 1989. He did post-doctoral training at MCW.
Study section members are selected on the basis of their demonstrated competence and achievement in their scientific discipline as evidenced by the quality of their research accomplishments, previous or existing NIH funding, publication in scientific journals and other significant scholarly activity.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You