Dr. Bryon Johnson Appointed to Cancer Immunopathology and Immunotherapy Scientific Review Study Section
Bryon D. Johnson, Ph.D., Professor of Pediatrics (Hematology and Oncology) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been appointed to the Cancer Immunopathology and Immunotherapy Study Section, Center for Scientific Review. The study section reviews research proposals addressing immunologic therapies of cancer and antibody-based therapies as potential cancer treatments.
Dr. Johnson joined the MCW faculty in 1994. He currently holds a second appointment in the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at MCW. He also serves as a member of the Pediatrics Hematology-Oncology-Transplant leadership team, and he is Chair of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee. He is a prolific and respected researcher in his field who has authored more than 60 peer-reviewed articles and reviews, and he is often an invited lecturer at national and international conferences. Dr. Johnson is currently conducting NIH-funded research in immunotherapy for neuroblastoma, and he is involved in developing novel immune therapies for other cancers, including multiple myeloma and leukemias.
Dr. Johnson received his Bachelor of Science degree from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, in 1983. He earned his doctoral degree at the University of Health Sciences / The Chicago Medical School, now the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, in North Chicago, in 1989. He did post-doctoral training at MCW.
Study section members are selected on the basis of their demonstrated competence and achievement in their scientific discipline as evidenced by the quality of their research accomplishments, previous or existing NIH funding, publication in scientific journals and other significant scholarly activity.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde