We have all been shocked and devastated by the events at the Boston Marathon on Monday. People have been calling and asking how they can help and what can they do? Running specialty stores and their vendor partners have come up with a way to show your support for Boston.
Called simply "Runners For Boston", Performance Running Outfitters in Brookfield is hosting a run/walk on Monday 4/22 at 6:00pm to show our support for our friends and running family affected by the events at the Boston Marathon. We’ll be leading a 1.2 mile route so that the whole family can join in. Runners looking to go farther can do a couple of loops.
A t-shirt will be available at our store for $20.00 with 100% of the money going directly to, http://onefundboston.org/. The shirts will be available in the next few days. Will Enterprises has generously donated the printing to make this happen!
We are ONE running community coming together to support a community that is an iconic symbol of running in America and to the world - BOSTON.
Details for the event can be found on Performance Running Outfitters facebook page. facebook.com/performancerunning
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study