Brookfield, Wis. – John H. Pellmann, a Brookfield attorney with a broad business background in real estate and investing, has been named a lecturer in the Economics Department at Marquette University.
Pellmann, a partner in Pellmann, Drellos & Associates, will team-teach “Economics and the Law,” a senior honors/graduate level course, in fall 2014. The class will examine the interplay between economics and the law, focusing on how both affect policymakers’ actions, and the often conflicting dynamics of how these decisions affect the economy and larger society.
Pellmann, a Brookfield resident, holds three degrees from Marquette University, including his J.D. in 1995 from Marquette University School of Law. His legal practice encompasses business and corporate law, real estate, and estate planning and probate. Pellmann is a veteran mediator and arbitrator for a broad range of business and civil disputes.
“I’m tremendously honored by and excited about the chance to teach at Marquette University,” said Pellmann, who earned an M.A. in applied economics and a B.A. in economics from the university. “This will be my first time instructing at the college level, and to do so at my alma mater makes the opportunity extra special.”
Pellmann is an experienced teacher. He has led seminars on elder law and estate planning, business structure and succession planning, construction law and “right to cure,” and laws governing home remodeling. His audiences include business owners, contractors, attorneys and everyday citizens.
Prior to studying law, Pellmann oversaw real estate purchasing and management, plus stock and bond investments, for a merchant processing company. He gained financial industry experience while training several years as a banking operations manager.
Pellmann has remained well connected to Marquette University. He is a volunteer mentor to law students in its Mediation Clinic, an active mediation program for small claims cases in Milwaukee County. He served as a volunteer judge in early February for the law school’s Dispute Resolution Mediation Competition.
Pellmann also volunteers extensively as pro bono lead counsel for the Golden Gloves Association of America, the largest and oldest amateur boxing association in the U.S.
A practicing attorney for nearly two decades, Pellmann co-founded Pellmann, Drellos & Associates in 2010. The Brookfield firm offers personalized legal counsel in business law, real estate, estate planning and probate, general civil litigation, and arbitration and mediation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation