Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Rich Woods; President Elect – Dave Eppelsheimer; Vice president – Eli Potkonjak; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Taylor Poehls.
Directors: Bob Gross, Warren Carity, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz, Ed Ellingson, John Foley
Looking forward to the meeting of April 23, 2013
April 24 – Karen Oelerich
April 28 – Jeff and Nancy Lins
April 23 – Mayor Ehley will be our speaker.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Three members of the WEHS Key Club, Clair, Margaret, and Jody, were guests this week, along with John Foley's friend Jack Filachek. The girls filled us in on the Key Club's activities, too numerous to list here but including a dance to benefit Hunger Task Force and Relay for Life, jointly with the WWHS Club. Lots of happy dollars this week, starting with Eli Potkonjak, happy for the end of tax season. Carol Smith contributed a buck for the end of bronchitis and pneumonia, a trip to Tennessee, where the weather was warmer, and for already meeting his goal of losing 20 pounds by July. John Schwab was happy and grateful to have Ben home after yet another stay in the hospital. John Foley paid a dollar to say thanks to all the people who helped in Boston. Dave Eppelsheimer was praising the Brewers, who make him happy no matter what they do, apparently. Ken was happy and smug about spending a week watching the NCAA tournament and the Masters. Rich Woods was cautiously happy that one of the guys in his firm will be sending a daughter to University of Nebraska.
Our speaker was Ben Karon, an Orthodox Jew, who described to us a little bit of what it's like to be a businessman who observes the Sabbath by not doing any of the 39 categories of work, meaning that he doesn't attend trade shows on Saturday, he doesn't answer the telephone, he doesn't write, and he doesn't answer employees' questions, among other things. He made it sound easy.
Program assignments coming up: April 30 – Dave Hoerig. May 14 – Jennifer Wakefield. May 21 – Taylor Poehls. May 28 – Jessie Dorshak.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability