In the spirit of Earth Day, computers and other electronics can be donated at the Pettit National Ice Center, 500 S. 84 St., Milwaukee, on April 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to benefit IndependenceFirst and promote an eco-friendly lifestyle.
The drive will accept a wide variety of electronics, including:
• Cell phones
• Computer accessories
• And more!
Anything with a battery or outlet plug will be accepted. Items need not be in working condition. Recycling will be done by Digital Recyclers.
In addition to being environmentally friendly, computer donations will benefit people with disabilities through IndependenceFirst’s Computer Recycling Program. Computers will be refurbished and distributed to people with disabilities who otherwise could not afford one. Donors of computers and computer accessories can receive a tax deduction. Strict identity theft prevention protocol is used for refurbished computers. For more information about the Computer Recycling Program, here is a short informational video: http://youtu.be/kkFqo9m3fes
This e-recycling drive is sponsored by AT&T Wisconsin and the AT&T Veterans, River Run Computers, Digital Recyclers and the Pettit National Ice Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7