In the spirit of Earth Day, computers and other electronics can be donated at the Pettit National Ice Center, 500 S. 84 St., Milwaukee, on April 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to benefit IndependenceFirst and promote an eco-friendly lifestyle.
The drive will accept a wide variety of electronics, including:
• Cell phones
• Computer accessories
• And more!
Anything with a battery or outlet plug will be accepted. Items need not be in working condition. Recycling will be done by Digital Recyclers.
In addition to being environmentally friendly, computer donations will benefit people with disabilities through IndependenceFirst’s Computer Recycling Program. Computers will be refurbished and distributed to people with disabilities who otherwise could not afford one. Donors of computers and computer accessories can receive a tax deduction. Strict identity theft prevention protocol is used for refurbished computers. For more information about the Computer Recycling Program, here is a short informational video: http://youtu.be/kkFqo9m3fes
This e-recycling drive is sponsored by AT&T Wisconsin and the AT&T Veterans, River Run Computers, Digital Recyclers and the Pettit National Ice Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Residents Perform At Sunset Playhouse
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?