In the spirit of Earth Day, computers and other electronics can be donated at the Pettit National Ice Center, 500 S. 84 St., Milwaukee, on April 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to benefit IndependenceFirst and promote an eco-friendly lifestyle.
The drive will accept a wide variety of electronics, including:
• Cell phones
• Computer accessories
• And more!
Anything with a battery or outlet plug will be accepted. Items need not be in working condition. Recycling will be done by Digital Recyclers.
In addition to being environmentally friendly, computer donations will benefit people with disabilities through IndependenceFirst’s Computer Recycling Program. Computers will be refurbished and distributed to people with disabilities who otherwise could not afford one. Donors of computers and computer accessories can receive a tax deduction. Strict identity theft prevention protocol is used for refurbished computers. For more information about the Computer Recycling Program, here is a short informational video: http://youtu.be/kkFqo9m3fes
This e-recycling drive is sponsored by AT&T Wisconsin and the AT&T Veterans, River Run Computers, Digital Recyclers and the Pettit National Ice Center.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo