In the spirit of Earth Day, computers and other electronics can be donated at the Pettit National Ice Center, 500 S. 84 St., Milwaukee, on April 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to benefit IndependenceFirst and promote an eco-friendly lifestyle.
The drive will accept a wide variety of electronics, including:
• Cell phones
• Computer accessories
• And more!
Anything with a battery or outlet plug will be accepted. Items need not be in working condition. Recycling will be done by Digital Recyclers.
In addition to being environmentally friendly, computer donations will benefit people with disabilities through IndependenceFirst’s Computer Recycling Program. Computers will be refurbished and distributed to people with disabilities who otherwise could not afford one. Donors of computers and computer accessories can receive a tax deduction. Strict identity theft prevention protocol is used for refurbished computers. For more information about the Computer Recycling Program, here is a short informational video: http://youtu.be/kkFqo9m3fes
This e-recycling drive is sponsored by AT&T Wisconsin and the AT&T Veterans, River Run Computers, Digital Recyclers and the Pettit National Ice Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- Hart Park Square celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Milwaukee Backgammon Meetup