Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Rich Woods; President Elect – Dave Eppelsheimer; Vice president – Eli Potkonjak; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Taylor Poehls.
Directors: Bob Gross, Warren Carity, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz, Ed Ellingson, John Foley
Looking forward to the meeting of April 16, 2013
April 23 – We expect to hear from Mayor Ehley about the state of the City.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: We were joined by two members of the Menomonee Falls club. Always good to see them. Eli Potkonjak started happy dollars with one for having survived his refereeing experience at the Special Olympics in Oshkosh. Jennifer Wakefield paid one because she was still happy about her spring break in Florida. Taylor was still happy about his date with Lydia to celebrate her birthday without children. John Schwab was tired and apprehensive but happy that his son, Ben, was out of the hospital, although he's likely to need additional treatment. Dave Eppelsheimer was happy that the Brewers pulled off a win against the Cubs. Ed Ellingson wasn't so happy, given the recent death of one of his daughter's friends because of an avalanche and continuing struggles of the survivor. John Foley was happy that his sone is back in Rome, making videos for AS Roma (with a Danish crew). Tom Anstett paid a buck because Warren Breitlow joined us for the meeting. And last but not least, Rich Woods paid a dollar for an opportunity to tell us about Nebraska.
Our program was presented by Susan Carlson, program director of Junior Achievement, who told us that JA started in 1919 to teach high school students basic finance and business principles, has been in Wisconsin since 1949, and now provides programming for all grades. The business community funds the programs, and the curriculum is taught by a combination of regular teachers and volunteer business people. Susan would like to find volunteers to staff 870 classrooms in Waukesha County, and she expects over 10,000 students at JA's BizTown center at Park Place.
Golf outing: Kevin Dwyer is trying to make us forget about the weather. The event will be June 12.
Distinguished Citizen Award: The banquet will be April 21. This year the award will go to Debbie Dubinski.
Program assignments coming up: April 30 – Dave Hoerig. May 14 – Jennifer Wakefield. May 21 – Taylor Poehls. May 28 – Jessie Dorshak.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability