Whether you live in an apartment or a single family home with a standard city lot, you may think that you haven’t enough space for a real garden. But you do!
There are so many ways to use the space you have to raise beautiful flowers and delicious vegetables and fruits.
Join us for this program and learn the basics of gardening.
Getting Started: This session focuses on space, lighting,water sources, and types of plants to consider.
Planning: Should you consider raised beds, planters, or vertical gardens? We’ll discuss soils and whether to start your plants from seedling or if it’s best to buy plants from
the garden center.
Maintaining your garden. How often do you water and fertilize? How climate affects your garden.
About our presenter: Sally Gregg studied through the UWM-Extension and became a certified Master Gardener Volunteer. She is a member of the Boerner Botanical Gardens “Bloom Team”and works in the herb garden. She is passionate about gardening and loves to share her knowledge and experience with others.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Location: Library Square Retirement Community
1820 S. 75th St.
West Allis, WI 53214
Call to RSVP by Tuesday, April 23. Refreshments will be served.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde