Whether you live in an apartment or a single family home with a standard city lot, you may think that you haven’t enough space for a real garden. But you do!
There are so many ways to use the space you have to raise beautiful flowers and delicious vegetables and fruits.
Join us for this program and learn the basics of gardening.
Getting Started: This session focuses on space, lighting,water sources, and types of plants to consider.
Planning: Should you consider raised beds, planters, or vertical gardens? We’ll discuss soils and whether to start your plants from seedling or if it’s best to buy plants from
the garden center.
Maintaining your garden. How often do you water and fertilize? How climate affects your garden.
About our presenter: Sally Gregg studied through the UWM-Extension and became a certified Master Gardener Volunteer. She is a member of the Boerner Botanical Gardens “Bloom Team”and works in the herb garden. She is passionate about gardening and loves to share her knowledge and experience with others.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Location: Library Square Retirement Community
1820 S. 75th St.
West Allis, WI 53214
Call to RSVP by Tuesday, April 23. Refreshments will be served.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!