Future Eagle Scout Ben Halligan lead a group of volunteers installing a brick paver sidewalk on the grounds of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. Ben completed this project to fulfill a requirement for his Eagle Scout award. Ben planned the project, found a source for free paver bricks, installed a gravel foundation and then directed Scouts in laying the paver bricks. The walk replaces a stepping stone path that was a high traffic area. The steps were becoming a safety concern as they crumbled with age. The new brick paver path greatly improves the look of the area and likewise improves the safety of many individuals visiting the Historical Society home. The attached photo shows Ben making a final inspection on the finished walk. Ben is a Sophomore at Wauwatosa East High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW researchers to study treatment reporting tools for breast cancer care
- Thanksgiving Day Worship Service
- Wordsworth Trust Curator to Speak at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Hart Park Fall Clean-up & Weed-out
- MCW enters new era of medical education
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Ensure a Positive Remodeling Experience in 6 Steps
- Medical physicist named 2014 Educator of the Year
- Does breast milk affect necrotizing enterocolitis?
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room