Future Eagle Scout Ben Halligan lead a group of volunteers installing a brick paver sidewalk on the grounds of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. Ben completed this project to fulfill a requirement for his Eagle Scout award. Ben planned the project, found a source for free paver bricks, installed a gravel foundation and then directed Scouts in laying the paver bricks. The walk replaces a stepping stone path that was a high traffic area. The steps were becoming a safety concern as they crumbled with age. The new brick paver path greatly improves the look of the area and likewise improves the safety of many individuals visiting the Historical Society home. The attached photo shows Ben making a final inspection on the finished walk. Ben is a Sophomore at Wauwatosa East High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You