Future Eagle Scout Ben Halligan lead a group of volunteers installing a brick paver sidewalk on the grounds of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. Ben completed this project to fulfill a requirement for his Eagle Scout award. Ben planned the project, found a source for free paver bricks, installed a gravel foundation and then directed Scouts in laying the paver bricks. The walk replaces a stepping stone path that was a high traffic area. The steps were becoming a safety concern as they crumbled with age. The new brick paver path greatly improves the look of the area and likewise improves the safety of many individuals visiting the Historical Society home. The attached photo shows Ben making a final inspection on the finished walk. Ben is a Sophomore at Wauwatosa East High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22