Future Eagle Scout Ben Halligan lead a group of volunteers installing a brick paver sidewalk on the grounds of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. Ben completed this project to fulfill a requirement for his Eagle Scout award. Ben planned the project, found a source for free paver bricks, installed a gravel foundation and then directed Scouts in laying the paver bricks. The walk replaces a stepping stone path that was a high traffic area. The steps were becoming a safety concern as they crumbled with age. The new brick paver path greatly improves the look of the area and likewise improves the safety of many individuals visiting the Historical Society home. The attached photo shows Ben making a final inspection on the finished walk. Ben is a Sophomore at Wauwatosa East High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7