Future Eagle Scout Ben Halligan lead a group of volunteers installing a brick paver sidewalk on the grounds of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. Ben completed this project to fulfill a requirement for his Eagle Scout award. Ben planned the project, found a source for free paver bricks, installed a gravel foundation and then directed Scouts in laying the paver bricks. The walk replaces a stepping stone path that was a high traffic area. The steps were becoming a safety concern as they crumbled with age. The new brick paver path greatly improves the look of the area and likewise improves the safety of many individuals visiting the Historical Society home. The attached photo shows Ben making a final inspection on the finished walk. Ben is a Sophomore at Wauwatosa East High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation