Connecting family caregivers with helpful resources is the purpose of an educational series that will be taking place in Ozaukee County beginning in April.
“The Journey Series: What every family caregiver should know,” is being offered through the collaborative efforts of the ADRC of Ozaukee County, Alzheimer’s Association, Interfaith Caregivers of Ozaukee County, Jewish Family Services and Luther Manor Lakefield Adult Day Services.
“Caregivers have a thousand questions once they find themselves in the role of being their loved ones caregiver but they never know where to turn to find the answers to those questions,” said Jan Braby, Information and Assistance Specialist for the Ozaukee County, Wisconsin - Aging and Disability Resource Center. “Hopefully this series will address many of those questions and give them resources on where to turn for any future concerns they may have”
A number of topics, from managing medication to legal considerations of caregivers, will be addressed during the 10 session series, which concludes in October. Family caregivers can attend all 10 sessions or just those of specific interest.
“Family caregivers are one of our greatest resources yet one that is often overlooked and underappreciated. We want to provide a forum for caregivers to learn more on specific issues and also realize that they are not alone on this journey.”, said Kathy Glaser, Lakefield Adult Day Services Manager.
The first session, “Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease: The Basics,” will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 24 at the Ozaukee County Office Building.
Pre-registration is required for all programs. Respite for loved ones is available and can be arranged during pre-registration. For a complete list of sessions, visit www.luthermanor.org and click on “News and Events” or refer to the latest ADRC newsletter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22