MEQUON TRINITY IRISH DANCER PLACED AT WORLD IRISH DANCING CHAMPIONSHIPS - Trinity wins unprecedented two solo world titles for United States
Milwaukee area’s own Trinity Irish Dancers have won an unprecedented two solo Gold Medals at the World Irish Dancing Championships, held March 24-April 1, 2013 in Boston, Massachusetts. A local dancer placed at the competition.
Maggie Nowakowski (age 17) of Mequon, Wisc., placed 4th out of 177 competitors. Maggie won a gold medal in team dancing as well as a bronze medal in solo dancing at the 2011 World Irish Dancing Championships.
Peter Dziak (15) of Villa Park, IL also accomplished a historic "three-peat" by winning his third consecutive World Title. Tyler Schwartz (22) of Libertyville, IL realized a lifelong dream by winning the coveted senior men’s World Title on the final night of the Championships.
Much of this year’s success can be attributed to Dublin born, head coach and choreographer Dolores Taaffe. “Winning two solo titles in one week is fantastic," says Taaffe. "I am thrilled to be a part of the Trinity team. It is an institution with a vision that makes anything possible. Maggie and all the Trinity dancers are an absolute dream to work with. One is nicer than the next." Dolores recently moved to Elmhurst, IL from Ireland and is considered to be one of the industry’s finest coaches.
Trinity eclipsed their own record by placing a total of 17 dancers at the top of solo competitions this year. Trinity now holds an impressive 15 World Titles for the United States, including more team titles than all other North American Schools.
Taste of Trinity Free Fun Fair April 13
Children ages 3 ½ -12 and their families are invited to participate in Trinity’s Taste of Trinity FREE Fun Fair April 13, 2013 at the F.A.B Trinity Studios (2107 S First Street, MIlwaukee) and Trinity’s Grand Avenue Studio (831 N Grand Ave, B100, Waukesha). Register online for this free event at www.trinityirishdancers.com. Summer Taste of Trinity sessions are also offered in June, July and August.
For more than 30 years, Trinity Irish Dancers have thrilled audiences with their inspiring showmanship and been a flagship for dance programs worldwide. Trinity was the birthplace of “progressive Irish dance” which opened the artistic pathways that lead directly to commercial shows like Riverdance.
The unique program is held together by its powerful philosophy of empowerment that teaches students life lessons both on and off the dance floor.
The dancers have appeared in numerous feature films and on national television programs including, The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, Conan, CBS This Morning, The Today Show, Good Morning America and The Martha Stewart Show to name a few. Trinity has also won two Emmy Awards for appearances on PBS.
Trinity Irish Dancers have locations throughout Illinois and Wisconsin. For more information, call 877-326-2328 or visit www.trinityirishdancers.com or facebook.com/trinityirishdancers
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Village of Pleasant Prairie Park & Ride Lot Named “Project of the Year” by the American Public Works Association