Hawthorne Hill Farm, an historic farmstead located in New Berlin, Wis., will host four weekend shopping markets in 2013. The renovated three-floor barn, farmhouse, shed and grounds offer a unique venue for local artisans and vendors to set up shop for lively, themed shopping markets. More than 50 local artisans and vendors feature one-of-a-kind antiques, vintage finds, shabby and industrial chic, upcycled furniture, home and garden decor, hand-crafted accessories and gifts. Local, farm-fresh produce and bakery add to the rustic and lively shopping atmosphere. Shop 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. all dates. Admission is free.
2013 Shopping Markets are Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the following dates:
• Vintage Cottage Style: May 17, 18, 19.
• Hidden Treasures Market: September 13, 14, 15.
• Harvest! Halloween and Harvest Market: October 11, 12, 13.
• Decorate! Holiday Market: November 8, 9, 10.
In addition to themed weekend shopping markets, a community rummage event offers a large and lively venue for both treasure hunters and sellers. Barn Rummage! is Friday and Saturday, July 19 and 20.
New to Hawthorne Hill Farm is Art Junque
New this season is Art Junque, a fantasy art space where imagination takes wing. The shop offers hard to find craft supplies including: imported crepe paper, buttens, baubles, embellisments, papers and art bits for artists and craftspeople to use in their own work. Art Junque is open during shopping weekends only, and is located in the Farmhouse Studio.
The Workroom Inc.
Also on the grounds of Hawthorne Hill Farm is The Workroom Inc., a bricks-and-mortar woodshop and showroom located permanently on the grounds. Local artist Joe Loduha creates and showcases unique upcycled creations, built-to-order furniture and industrial antiques rescued from Midwest homes and barns.
Hawthorne Hill Farm is a once-abandoned 1874 farmstead. Proprietress and Wisconsin Artist Bonnie Loduha, known in the art community at Bonnie Lynn, renovated the nearly two-acre property, which includes the original barn, silos and house. She first opened Hawthorne Hill Farm to the public in June, 2010. Hawthorne Hill Farm is her art studio (featured in the summer 2011 issue of Studios magazine) and a community art space that features shopping weekends, creative workshops and retreats. Hawthorne Hill Farm is located at 16370 W. Small Road, south of I-43 and just west of The Ridge Cinema in New Berlin. Visit the Web site at www.hawthornehillfarm.com and the Facebook page at Facebook.com/hawthornehillfarm.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in June!
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse