From Tuesday, March 19 through Tuesday, April 2, The Equitable Bank will collect food for Hunger Task Force in Milwaukee. The bank is hosting its second annual “Starch Madness” food drive and will focus on collecting staple items such as rice, pasta, cereals, baking mixes and boxed mashed potatoes. However, all donations of non-perishable food items will be accepted.
The bank hopes to collect 1,000 items during the 15-day event. Employees, customers and the general public are encouraged to bring donations to any of Equitable’s seven branch offices during normal business hours.
New this year … vote early, vote often! We need your help deciding the top starch in Milwaukee. The bank has created brackets to pair up your favorite starches against one another, with the winning starch set to be announced on Wednesday, April 3. Watch our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheEquitableBank starting Monday, March 18 as we will be introducing a new match-up every two to three days during the food drive. Once the winning starch has been determined, The Equitable Bank will double the amount of that item collected during the food drive. For example, if Mac n’ Cheese wins and we count that we’ve collected 100 boxes, the bank will purchase an additional 100 boxes to be donated.
Founded in Milwaukee in 1927, The Equitable Bank is one of the oldest independent community banks in the area. The bank operates several branches in the metro Milwaukee area and is a local leader in residential mortgage lending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Residents Perform At Sunset Playhouse
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?