The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., the area’s leading home improvement and remodeling industry resource for more than 51 years, awarded prizes for displays that were constructed and designed as part of the 51st annual Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show held Thurs. Feb. 7 – Sun., Feb. 10, at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park in West Allis.
In the Show’s Outdoor Living Area, which featured a Mediterranean theme, Breezy Hill Nursery, Inc. in Salem, Wis., received the “2013 People’s Choice Award” for Best Landscape Design.
The Breezy Hill Nursery display featured naturally warm colors in a paved sitting area, a rustic overhead pergola, and an area for a relaxed game of bocce ball.
An Interior Design Contest, sponsored by Nehmey Construction in Oak Creek with materials provided by Bliffert Lumber, for area college students was part of the Show for the seventh consecutive year. Students from Gateway Technical College in Kenosha and Waukesha County Technical College each designed and created a 12' x 12' garage with a “man-cave” theme. Based on votes cast by Show attendees, the design by Gateway Technical College was the contest winner, as each school receives $750 for its school interior design program from the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation, Inc., the charitable arm of the home improvement council, with Gateway also receiving a plaque commemorating its recognition.
The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council was chartered in July 1961 as a Chapter of the National Home Improvement Council. In May of 1982, the National Home Improvement Council merged with the National Remodelers Association to form NARI – the National Association of the Remodeling Industry. With more than 750 members, the Milwaukee Chapter is the largest in the nation.
The Council’s goals of encouraging ethical conduct, sound business practices, and professionalism in the remodeling industry have led to the growth of the remodeling industry nationwide and made NARI a recognized authority in that industry.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council and to receive a free copy of an annual membership roster listing all members alphabetically and by category and the booklet, “Milwaukee/NARI’s Remodeling Guide,” call 414-771-4071 or visit the Council’s website at www.milwaukeenari.org.
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Performer Steve Girman at the Wauwatosa Public Library
- Marquette student from Menomonee Falls "Plays it forward" in support of Youth Sports Camp
- Taiwan Excellence Comes to Summerfest
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin Celebrate Project SEARCH Completion Ceremony for Adults With Disabilities
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Bessie Turns 100!
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark