The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., the area’s leading home improvement and remodeling industry resource for more than 51 years, awarded prizes for displays that were constructed and designed as part of the 51st annual Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show held Thurs. Feb. 7 – Sun., Feb. 10, at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park in West Allis.
In the Show’s Outdoor Living Area, which featured a Mediterranean theme, Breezy Hill Nursery, Inc. in Salem, Wis., received the “2013 People’s Choice Award” for Best Landscape Design.
The Breezy Hill Nursery display featured naturally warm colors in a paved sitting area, a rustic overhead pergola, and an area for a relaxed game of bocce ball.
An Interior Design Contest, sponsored by Nehmey Construction in Oak Creek with materials provided by Bliffert Lumber, for area college students was part of the Show for the seventh consecutive year. Students from Gateway Technical College in Kenosha and Waukesha County Technical College each designed and created a 12' x 12' garage with a “man-cave” theme. Based on votes cast by Show attendees, the design by Gateway Technical College was the contest winner, as each school receives $750 for its school interior design program from the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation, Inc., the charitable arm of the home improvement council, with Gateway also receiving a plaque commemorating its recognition.
The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council was chartered in July 1961 as a Chapter of the National Home Improvement Council. In May of 1982, the National Home Improvement Council merged with the National Remodelers Association to form NARI – the National Association of the Remodeling Industry. With more than 750 members, the Milwaukee Chapter is the largest in the nation.
The Council’s goals of encouraging ethical conduct, sound business practices, and professionalism in the remodeling industry have led to the growth of the remodeling industry nationwide and made NARI a recognized authority in that industry.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council and to receive a free copy of an annual membership roster listing all members alphabetically and by category and the booklet, “Milwaukee/NARI’s Remodeling Guide,” call 414-771-4071 or visit the Council’s website at www.milwaukeenari.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation