Timothy Ley, MD, a pioneering investigator in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and cancer genomics, will present a seminar entitled “The AML Genome” at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) on Wednesday, March 20, at 4:00 p.m.
Dr. Ley holds the Lewis T. and Rosalind B. Apple Chair in Oncology, is a professor of medicine and genetics at Washington University, and serves as an associate director of The Genome Institute (for Cancer Genomics).
Dr. David Margolis, professor of pediatrics (hematology and oncology) at MCW, and director of the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, recently heard Dr. Ley speak, and calls his visit a transformational opportunity for cancer research at MCW.
“He probably had no less than 10,000 hematologists in his hands as he went through one of the finest lectures I have ever heard, anywhere. The inspiration and insight our students and investigators gain from his perspective could be transformational to cancer genomics on this campus,” said Dr. Margolis
Dr. Ley’s talk will be held in the Kerrigan Auditorium in the MCW Medical Education Building, 8701 Watertown Plank Road. It is free and open to the public as well as MCW faculty, staff and students. There is free visitor parking across 87th street from the building’s entrance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!