Timothy Ley, MD, a pioneering investigator in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and cancer genomics, will present a seminar entitled “The AML Genome” at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) on Wednesday, March 20, at 4:00 p.m.
Dr. Ley holds the Lewis T. and Rosalind B. Apple Chair in Oncology, is a professor of medicine and genetics at Washington University, and serves as an associate director of The Genome Institute (for Cancer Genomics).
Dr. David Margolis, professor of pediatrics (hematology and oncology) at MCW, and director of the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, recently heard Dr. Ley speak, and calls his visit a transformational opportunity for cancer research at MCW.
“He probably had no less than 10,000 hematologists in his hands as he went through one of the finest lectures I have ever heard, anywhere. The inspiration and insight our students and investigators gain from his perspective could be transformational to cancer genomics on this campus,” said Dr. Margolis
Dr. Ley’s talk will be held in the Kerrigan Auditorium in the MCW Medical Education Building, 8701 Watertown Plank Road. It is free and open to the public as well as MCW faculty, staff and students. There is free visitor parking across 87th street from the building’s entrance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability