Timothy Ley, MD, a pioneering investigator in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and cancer genomics, will present a seminar entitled “The AML Genome” at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) on Wednesday, March 20, at 4:00 p.m.
Dr. Ley holds the Lewis T. and Rosalind B. Apple Chair in Oncology, is a professor of medicine and genetics at Washington University, and serves as an associate director of The Genome Institute (for Cancer Genomics).
Dr. David Margolis, professor of pediatrics (hematology and oncology) at MCW, and director of the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, recently heard Dr. Ley speak, and calls his visit a transformational opportunity for cancer research at MCW.
“He probably had no less than 10,000 hematologists in his hands as he went through one of the finest lectures I have ever heard, anywhere. The inspiration and insight our students and investigators gain from his perspective could be transformational to cancer genomics on this campus,” said Dr. Margolis
Dr. Ley’s talk will be held in the Kerrigan Auditorium in the MCW Medical Education Building, 8701 Watertown Plank Road. It is free and open to the public as well as MCW faculty, staff and students. There is free visitor parking across 87th street from the building’s entrance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015