Timothy Ley, MD, a pioneering investigator in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and cancer genomics, will present a seminar entitled “The AML Genome” at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) on Wednesday, March 20, at 4:00 p.m.
Dr. Ley holds the Lewis T. and Rosalind B. Apple Chair in Oncology, is a professor of medicine and genetics at Washington University, and serves as an associate director of The Genome Institute (for Cancer Genomics).
Dr. David Margolis, professor of pediatrics (hematology and oncology) at MCW, and director of the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, recently heard Dr. Ley speak, and calls his visit a transformational opportunity for cancer research at MCW.
“He probably had no less than 10,000 hematologists in his hands as he went through one of the finest lectures I have ever heard, anywhere. The inspiration and insight our students and investigators gain from his perspective could be transformational to cancer genomics on this campus,” said Dr. Margolis
Dr. Ley’s talk will be held in the Kerrigan Auditorium in the MCW Medical Education Building, 8701 Watertown Plank Road. It is free and open to the public as well as MCW faculty, staff and students. There is free visitor parking across 87th street from the building’s entrance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army