The Palliative Care Center at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin will host the second annual “Challenging Topics in Palliative Care: Beyond the Basics” conference on Friday, May 3, from 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. in Milwaukee.
Palliative care is medical care that specializes in the relief of the pain and stress of serious illness. This conference will focus on a variety of topics, including palliative cancer treatments, complex pain management, and careers in the practice of palliative care.
Speakers include specialists from the Froedtert & the Medical College, Duke University School of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Between 100-150 participants are expected to attend. The conference is being held at the Crown Plaza Milwaukee – Airport. Registration closes April 26, 2013. To download a registration form, visit www.mcw.edu/palliativecare.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals