The Palliative Care Center at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin will host the second annual “Challenging Topics in Palliative Care: Beyond the Basics” conference on Friday, May 3, from 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. in Milwaukee.
Palliative care is medical care that specializes in the relief of the pain and stress of serious illness. This conference will focus on a variety of topics, including palliative cancer treatments, complex pain management, and careers in the practice of palliative care.
Speakers include specialists from the Froedtert & the Medical College, Duke University School of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Between 100-150 participants are expected to attend. The conference is being held at the Crown Plaza Milwaukee – Airport. Registration closes April 26, 2013. To download a registration form, visit www.mcw.edu/palliativecare.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Family medicine specialist David Goldstein joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty
- Corporate Technology Solutions Hires Germino
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist Julian De Lia joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival
- Bobby Way Trio to perform at free Summer Concert series