The Palliative Care Center at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin will host the second annual “Challenging Topics in Palliative Care: Beyond the Basics” conference on Friday, May 3, from 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. in Milwaukee.
Palliative care is medical care that specializes in the relief of the pain and stress of serious illness. This conference will focus on a variety of topics, including palliative cancer treatments, complex pain management, and careers in the practice of palliative care.
Speakers include specialists from the Froedtert & the Medical College, Duke University School of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Between 100-150 participants are expected to attend. The conference is being held at the Crown Plaza Milwaukee – Airport. Registration closes April 26, 2013. To download a registration form, visit www.mcw.edu/palliativecare.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You