Hundreds of cyclists will pedal for charity this Sunday at the 13th annual Ridin’ for Research fundraiser for the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
The event gathers more than 100 stationary bikes at one location, CrossFit 100 in Glendale. Riders choose one of four 80-minute sessions in which to participate, and collect pledges for their efforts. Certified cycling instructors will lead the sessions, and participants can cycle at their own comfort level.
Ridin’ for Research was founded by spin instructor, wife and mother, Joanne Dixon, in 2001. That year, 65 participants raised $3,000 for the Cancer Center. Since then, the event has raised more than $1,045,000 for cancer research.
CrossFit 100 is located at 6523 N. Sidney Place in Glendale. Bike sessions begin at 9:00 A.M. and end at 3:00 P.M. To register for Sunday’s event, visit http://www.eteamz.com/Ridin4Research/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night