Hundreds of cyclists will pedal for charity this Sunday at the 13th annual Ridin’ for Research fundraiser for the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
The event gathers more than 100 stationary bikes at one location, CrossFit 100 in Glendale. Riders choose one of four 80-minute sessions in which to participate, and collect pledges for their efforts. Certified cycling instructors will lead the sessions, and participants can cycle at their own comfort level.
Ridin’ for Research was founded by spin instructor, wife and mother, Joanne Dixon, in 2001. That year, 65 participants raised $3,000 for the Cancer Center. Since then, the event has raised more than $1,045,000 for cancer research.
CrossFit 100 is located at 6523 N. Sidney Place in Glendale. Bike sessions begin at 9:00 A.M. and end at 3:00 P.M. To register for Sunday’s event, visit http://www.eteamz.com/Ridin4Research/.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids