Hundreds of cyclists will pedal for charity this Sunday at the 13th annual Ridin’ for Research fundraiser for the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
The event gathers more than 100 stationary bikes at one location, CrossFit 100 in Glendale. Riders choose one of four 80-minute sessions in which to participate, and collect pledges for their efforts. Certified cycling instructors will lead the sessions, and participants can cycle at their own comfort level.
Ridin’ for Research was founded by spin instructor, wife and mother, Joanne Dixon, in 2001. That year, 65 participants raised $3,000 for the Cancer Center. Since then, the event has raised more than $1,045,000 for cancer research.
CrossFit 100 is located at 6523 N. Sidney Place in Glendale. Bike sessions begin at 9:00 A.M. and end at 3:00 P.M. To register for Sunday’s event, visit http://www.eteamz.com/Ridin4Research/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ