Hundreds of cyclists will pedal for charity this Sunday at the 13th annual Ridin’ for Research fundraiser for the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
The event gathers more than 100 stationary bikes at one location, CrossFit 100 in Glendale. Riders choose one of four 80-minute sessions in which to participate, and collect pledges for their efforts. Certified cycling instructors will lead the sessions, and participants can cycle at their own comfort level.
Ridin’ for Research was founded by spin instructor, wife and mother, Joanne Dixon, in 2001. That year, 65 participants raised $3,000 for the Cancer Center. Since then, the event has raised more than $1,045,000 for cancer research.
CrossFit 100 is located at 6523 N. Sidney Place in Glendale. Bike sessions begin at 9:00 A.M. and end at 3:00 P.M. To register for Sunday’s event, visit http://www.eteamz.com/Ridin4Research/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kiwanis Club of Wauwatosa Public Welcome
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Family medicine specialist David Goldstein joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty
- Corporate Technology Solutions Hires Germino
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist Julian De Lia joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival