Hundreds of cyclists will pedal for charity this Sunday at the 13th annual Ridin’ for Research fundraiser for the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
The event gathers more than 100 stationary bikes at one location, CrossFit 100 in Glendale. Riders choose one of four 80-minute sessions in which to participate, and collect pledges for their efforts. Certified cycling instructors will lead the sessions, and participants can cycle at their own comfort level.
Ridin’ for Research was founded by spin instructor, wife and mother, Joanne Dixon, in 2001. That year, 65 participants raised $3,000 for the Cancer Center. Since then, the event has raised more than $1,045,000 for cancer research.
CrossFit 100 is located at 6523 N. Sidney Place in Glendale. Bike sessions begin at 9:00 A.M. and end at 3:00 P.M. To register for Sunday’s event, visit http://www.eteamz.com/Ridin4Research/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation