Hundreds of cyclists will pedal for charity this Sunday at the 13th annual Ridin’ for Research fundraiser for the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
The event gathers more than 100 stationary bikes at one location, CrossFit 100 in Glendale. Riders choose one of four 80-minute sessions in which to participate, and collect pledges for their efforts. Certified cycling instructors will lead the sessions, and participants can cycle at their own comfort level.
Ridin’ for Research was founded by spin instructor, wife and mother, Joanne Dixon, in 2001. That year, 65 participants raised $3,000 for the Cancer Center. Since then, the event has raised more than $1,045,000 for cancer research.
CrossFit 100 is located at 6523 N. Sidney Place in Glendale. Bike sessions begin at 9:00 A.M. and end at 3:00 P.M. To register for Sunday’s event, visit http://www.eteamz.com/Ridin4Research/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ensuring Continuity of Care: Team Seeks to Improve Patient Transitions
- Reduce Stress with Holiday Travel Tips from the Better Business Bureau
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests How Changes to Your Home Can Help Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- 2014 Tosa Baseball/Tosa Girsl Fastpitch Softball League Registration is Open!
- Waterstone Mortgage Names Bob Selingo as Senior Vice President - Secondary Marketing
- St. Jude Parishioners Commemorate Advent
- Keeping Sickle Cell Patients out of the Hospital: CTSI Funds New Project
- Taylor J. Poehls, DC, CKTP named Top Chiropractor for second straight year in “Best of Milwaukee 2013”
- Loving Touch Infant Massage