Ryan D. Walsh, M.D., has been appointed Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and Neurology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He will see patients at the Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Eye Institute.
Board certified in neurology, Dr. Walsh’s clinical interests include double vision, pupillary disorders, pseudotumor cerebri, myasthenia gravis, cerebral causes of vision loss, and optic nerve disorders. His recent research includes a review of the neuro-ophthalmologic findings in multiple sclerosis, a textbook chapter on disorders of the pupil, a case study on an unusual type of orbital tumor, and a case study on rare eye disorders in a patient with reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome (a condition where unpredictable spasms narrow arteries in the brain).
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Walsh completed a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
After earning his M.D. from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington D.C. in 2007, Dr. Walsh completed a residency in neurology at Mayo Clinic Florida in Jacksonville, Fla., in 2011. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in philosophy in a specialized pre-medical program at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Ind., in 2003.
Dr. Walsh received recognition from his peers for his commitment to teamwork through the presentation of multiple Above and Beyond Awards from Mayo Clinic Florida. He received a research award from the Florida Society of Neurology in 2009. He has made presentations at multiple regional and national conferences including the American Academy of Neurology, the North American Neuro-Ophthalmologic Society, and the Neurocritical Care Society.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trinity UCC to Host Annual Church Picnic and Outdoor Worship
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Froedtert Hospital Name Alice Archabal as Chief Development Officer, Vice President of Development
- Wisconsin BBB Advises: Beware of Green Dot MoneyPak Scams
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- The Castle on Newberry is 2013 WBCS, Inc. Showhouse for a Cure
- BBB Moves to New Location
- Introduce a New Member Into Your Family & Culture This Summer By Hosting a Student From Spain
- $6 Million Grant Funds National EPR Center at MCW
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk with a Wheaton Doc"