Jon A. Lehrmann, M.D., has been named the chair of the department of psychiatry and behavioral medicine for the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), the Charles E. Kubly Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, and clinical chief of psychiatry at Froedtert Hospital.
Dr. Lehrmann, who also is the division manager of the mental health division at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, joined the faculty at MCW in 1996.
Dr. Lehrmann received his undergraduate degree from Carroll College in 1986 and his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in 1990. He completed a residency in psychiatry and behavioral medicine at Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals in 1994.
Dr. Lehrmann’s research interests are in community and veterans’ mental health care, conflict resolution, and psychiatric education. He has participated in numerous clinical trials and has published widely in his field. He is board-certified in psychiatry and psychosomatic psychiatry, and has been named to the “Best Doctors in America List.”
“In addition to Dr. Lehrmann’s research and clinical expertise, he has significant medical student teaching experience, and has shown a true commitment to the education of mental health professionals. His leadership will be an asset both at MCW and in the community,” said Joseph E. Kerschner, M.D., MCW’s executive vice president and dean of the medical school.
Dr. Lehrmann’s appointment was approved by the Executive Committee of the MCW Board of Trustees at its meeting on February 22, 2013, and is effective immediately.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues sponsorship of “Social Media Tools for Business” workshop for regional businesses
- LearningRx Hosts May 30 Open House
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues to add new members
- Daylily Society of SE WI/daylily sale
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Takes the Mystery Out of Remodeling
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament