Jon A. Lehrmann, M.D., has been named the chair of the department of psychiatry and behavioral medicine for the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), the Charles E. Kubly Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, and clinical chief of psychiatry at Froedtert Hospital.
Dr. Lehrmann, who also is the division manager of the mental health division at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, joined the faculty at MCW in 1996.
Dr. Lehrmann received his undergraduate degree from Carroll College in 1986 and his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in 1990. He completed a residency in psychiatry and behavioral medicine at Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals in 1994.
Dr. Lehrmann’s research interests are in community and veterans’ mental health care, conflict resolution, and psychiatric education. He has participated in numerous clinical trials and has published widely in his field. He is board-certified in psychiatry and psychosomatic psychiatry, and has been named to the “Best Doctors in America List.”
“In addition to Dr. Lehrmann’s research and clinical expertise, he has significant medical student teaching experience, and has shown a true commitment to the education of mental health professionals. His leadership will be an asset both at MCW and in the community,” said Joseph E. Kerschner, M.D., MCW’s executive vice president and dean of the medical school.
Dr. Lehrmann’s appointment was approved by the Executive Committee of the MCW Board of Trustees at its meeting on February 22, 2013, and is effective immediately.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study