Jon A. Lehrmann, M.D., has been named the chair of the department of psychiatry and behavioral medicine for the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), the Charles E. Kubly Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, and clinical chief of psychiatry at Froedtert Hospital.
Dr. Lehrmann, who also is the division manager of the mental health division at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, joined the faculty at MCW in 1996.
Dr. Lehrmann received his undergraduate degree from Carroll College in 1986 and his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in 1990. He completed a residency in psychiatry and behavioral medicine at Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals in 1994.
Dr. Lehrmann’s research interests are in community and veterans’ mental health care, conflict resolution, and psychiatric education. He has participated in numerous clinical trials and has published widely in his field. He is board-certified in psychiatry and psychosomatic psychiatry, and has been named to the “Best Doctors in America List.”
“In addition to Dr. Lehrmann’s research and clinical expertise, he has significant medical student teaching experience, and has shown a true commitment to the education of mental health professionals. His leadership will be an asset both at MCW and in the community,” said Joseph E. Kerschner, M.D., MCW’s executive vice president and dean of the medical school.
Dr. Lehrmann’s appointment was approved by the Executive Committee of the MCW Board of Trustees at its meeting on February 22, 2013, and is effective immediately.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22