Mix together kids and parents, step away from the distractions of phones and TV, bring out the board games and what do you have? An evening of fun, learning and laughter that brings families closer together.
Good Shepherd’s Lutheran hosted its second annual good old-fashioned Family Game Night on Sat. Feb. 16 from 6-8:30pm. It was a fun evening for families to spend quality time together playing games such as Dominoes, Chess, Sheepshead, various board games and tag!
Almost 60 parents, kids, and grandparents attended the event, hosted by the CEA-Christian Education Association, which serves to provide activities for faculty, students and parents. Playing games is a great opportunity for parents to reinforce things like manners, being a good sport, taking turns and other social skills that children will need as they grow up and go out into the world. This can all be done with good humor in the context of the game play and the family, and it provides kids a chance to practice these positive behaviors. Game night encourages family communication by enjoying each other’s company—while making memories that will last forever.
“Family Game Night is an opportunity for families to spend an enjoyable evening with other families,” stated Principal Kyle Gut. “This is just one of the many ways that we are able to partner with parents in the educating of the children for time and eternity.”
Good Shepherd’s Lutheran School is located at 1337 South 100th Street, West Allis, with convenient access to I-94/Greenfield Ave off-ramp. For more information, please call 414-774-8520 or visit our website at www.goodshepherds.net.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation